Chapter 23: Another World

Sonia's P

Sonia's P.O.V

I heard Luna cry through the monitor and got up from the bed. I checked the time and it read six thirty, way too early. I fixed my hair and put it up in a bun.

I walked into the nursery and saw Sam holding Luna and feeding her. I quietly walked back into my room hoping he didn't hear me coming in, I crawled back into bed to get some more sleep.

*three hours later*

I changed Luna and Elijah into a new pair of clothing and took them both downstairs with me. I put them both in their bouncer chairs and turned on the colourful toys to keep them occupied.

After eating breakfast, Luna and Elijah fell asleep so I took them to their crib upstairs. I walked downstairs and sat in the living room having absolutely nothing to do. I turned on the T.V trying to find something to watch but nothing interesting was on.

I turned the T.V off and walked around the mansion. I realized that I've never been in the basement before. Sam told me it was restricted but then that was before I knew he was an agent working for the government. I opened the door and walked downstairs.

I was excited to see what exactly was Sam hiding down here. I wonder why he hasn't shown me in the past couple of years. I walked downstairs and stop when I reached the cold floor I tried looking for a light switch around the wall and hit a bump knowing it was the switch. I turned it on to find an empty room.

I was immediately disappointed, I thought I'd find something exciting. But instead, it was an empty room. The concrete floor made the room look scary and cold. The bricked white walls matched the floor.

I walked further into the far corner and saw a painting of different types of colours hanging on the wall making it stand out. I found it weird that he kept one painting with a room empty of nothing else in it.

Although the painting was beautiful. I reached out to touch the engraving on the frame which said something I could quite make out, I took a closer look brushing my fingers over the words. I heard a click sound and the painting slit in half making a doorway.

I gasped backing away from the doors. I couldn't believe this, Sam had hidden this from me. Before the doors could close I walked in not know what the hell I had entered.

It seemed like some sort of loft where he kept his weapons and other things. There were computers and other technology I had no idea about in the centre of the room. Now, this is what I'm talking about. I can't believe all this was just underneath us this whole time.

"How did you get in here?!" I heard Sam say from behind me.

"Holy shit Sam!" I jumped.

"You can't be here. This is government property." He takes me by the arm trying to pull me out of the room.

"All this was here, and you didn't tell me. Why?"

"Because this place is not to be seen by anyone." He locked the door.