Chapter 14: Anniversary

-unedited-

Sonia's POV   

After being reunited with Samuel about a week had passed by. Adriana came over after a very long time to grab her things. Couple weeks ago Adriana decided to move in with her father, she was happy about this. That's all that Sam and I wanted for her.

Three days had passed from the literal blow up that happened, we've both decided it was best to forget about it. My life was a complete movie, full of crazy, excitement and love. The challenges that will face us in future is what makes my bond stronger with Samuel. Its what make us different from other couples. I know it seems crazy, its only been a year with him. I barely knew my friends in a year, took me years to know them. With Sam it was different, I've known him for a long time, my perspective from what I've thought of him then and now is completely different. He has somehow found a way into my heart which isn't easy to do.

My parents have hosted Samuel and I's one-year anniversary party at their place tomorrow. We were getting ready to leave for Seattle. So far I have packed everything. Sam decided to drive there instead of taking a plane. It wasn't that long of a drive so I agreed.

I walked downstairs waited for Sam to come out of his study. He's been crazy with work lately, we haven't really had any time together which is another reason why I agreed to drive so we could spend more time together. I feel like I was over exaggerating but I felt a change In him lately.

My legs were getting tired of standing up so I went over to the couch and sat down and waited for him to come out. I look at my appearance in the mirror in front of me, I wore a grey baggy sweater which I am pretty sure is Sam's and my grey sweats. Didn't bother putting any makeup on, My hair was tied in a high ponytail. Overall I looked good for 6 months prego.

"Ready" I heard Sam's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I get up from my seat and walk toward him by the door. His eyes were focused on his phone. "Have been for the past hour." I sheepishly smile.

"I'm sorry works been crazy, my father did some last minute changes to this contract we want to get signed." He didn't bother looking up from his phone.

"Okay...well if you're done, can we go?" I ask, annoyed at him for some reason.

"Yeah I packed everything in the car, I need to take a call. You go and I will be there in a second." He kisses my cheek than disappears.

I ignore his behaviour that may I add, he's been doing a lot lately. I walked towards the car and get in. He really needs to get a smaller one because it's a huge hassle to get in this freaking truck. I finally sit in the front seat and I impatiently wait for Samuel to come out. I told my parents we'd be at their place by 10 at night, Samuel is taking his sweet time in there.

In the meantime, I unlock my phone to find two missed calls from Mariah my cousin. I haven't seen her since the day she suddenly left. I called her about two days ago to tell her about the party. I press in her number and call her. It goes through and she picks up.

"Hey, Sonny!" She chirps through the phone

"Hey Mar, What's up you called?" I chirp back.

"Yeah, I did...about the party tomorrow-"

"Don't you dare tell me you aren't coming!" I say a bit too loud on the phone.

"No, I am...We probably will be extremely late. I know you said to be here by tonight but we cant. Something came up. I'll explain when I see you." She didn't sound fine.

"Yeah, that's fine as long as you are coming. Mar is everything okay? You don't sound fine." I say a little worried. I knew that voice and I didn't like it. Something is making her upset I can tell.