Bombshell

Diane Guerrero as Norah

Sonia's P.O.V

"Oh my, Sonia! That's frightening, babe. I can't believe your parents would do such a thing, but honey are you sure about this? I mean you don't even know the guy." Norah sighs through the phone. 

Norah has always been there for me I trust her with all my heart she's the most understanding person I've ever met. Norah and I have been best friends since high school, she's basically my sister I can tell her anything. She's always been there for me, she is truly a keeper. 

Norah Marlin, in fact, is the president of the Marlin Fashion Business Industry. She's amazing at what she does and her company had progressed worldwide, She's bought over a hundred stores so far. So yes she is in great shape everything worked out fine with her. She worked her way up and I'm proud of her.

"Hello, earth to Sonia you still there?" Her voice brought me out my thoughts.

"Yes I'm here, I'm still taking in the news that was dumped on me. I just... I don't know what to do...hell I don't have a say in any of this even if I did know what to do." I sigh raking fingers through my hair.

"Listen Sonia. I'll l try to cancel my meeting and come see you, okay?" She says through the phone I can tell she's upset too.

"No, it's fine. I am fine. Go on with meetings, don't worry about me I'll see you tomorrow, love you," I say. 

"Love you too Sonia. Don't stress yourself too much okay, you're strong. I know you'll get through this who knows this might turn out great after all. Bye." She says 

"Thanks, babe wish I had your bubbly attitude. Have a great day." I say before I switched the screen off. I was so exhausted physically and emotionally, the biggest news was just dropped on me. I Sonia Richardson have to get married to Samuel Blossom to save both Richardson's and Blossom's company from going down the drain.

I can't believe this. I don't even like the man he's a selfish bastard who can't even take care of himself. How can he take care of me? How could I even live with someone like that, he's a total snob. This is insane. 

Everything's moving too fast. This is not how I imagined the way I would get married, obviously. I put my head on my pillow on the sofa laying down looking up at the ceiling. I could feel a migraine creeping in, I shut my eyes and shortly everything went dim.

I woke up from the sound of my phone I didn't realize I was still on the couch I checked the time on my phone and it read 7:30 thank god it's Saturday I needed some time off from school. I got up and walked into my room then to the shower. I undressed and got in the shower I did my usual thing when I got out of the shower and put on my robe and walked into my room.

It was very chilly today knowing in New York it's normal to be this cold in November. I took my fuzzy blanket off my bed and my laptop from my study room then headed to the living room, not having any energy to change I  turned on the T.V and sat on my couch, decided to order food from this Tai food place near my apartment.

As every Saturday goes. I waited for my food I decided to put on KUWTK. It always gets me in a better mood watching their strange family knowing I'm not alone. I have a dysfunctional family myself clearly, this would make an excellent reality t.v show. 

I also tried to start marking some of the worksheets. Some of the students gave back some projects last week that still needed to be marked. These kids are very smart and unique which is why I love being a teacher watching them grow and gain so many skills throughout the years is fascinating to me.

The doorbell rang a couple of times bringing me out of my thoughts, I'm guessing it the Tai guy.

I quickly ran to my bedroom and took my wallet out of my purse then quickly ran back to the door to open it. He continued to impatiently ring the doorbell irritating me. 

"Okay relax I'm here!" I opened the door and I frown at the sight of him standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I sputtered.

"Well, I am here to talk to you about something you probably already know," Samuel says in his usual monotoned voice. 

"I am busy." I annoyingly say. Wishing he would go away. 

"Can I come in?" Before I could say anything he was already inside. What the hell is he doing here? I was so confused I didn't think he would wanna talk so soon, I did just find out. I didn't want to talk I'm still processing the fact that I have to marry this jerk by next month.

"What do you want to talk about?" I sigh.

"Well, I'm sure your aware of this deal our parents had made, we don't really have a choice but to go along with it so I'm here to set some rules my father has given me to share with you" I can tell he is not happy about this either. He was looking around my apartment observing it.  

More rules ugh he's crazy if he thinks he could tell me what to do "And...they are..." I say irritated by his presence.

"Well during the time you are married to me we are absolutely not to engage with anyone, by that I mean romantically; no one understood?" His tone sounded serious.

"Yes, understood" I roll my eyes.

"Good. Now onto the next, We must make sure the public thinks we're in "love" they must not know that we've gotten married for some deal, understood?" He looks at me with a straight face as if he's reasoning with a kid, which made me quite angry.

"Yes, I understand act like we're in love and don't engage with anyone romantically. Yes, I understand. I'm not a child you know I know what rules are and how to follow them!" Was he trying to piss me off?

I could tell he was offended by my tone "Well then, I'm glad you're cooperating."

"Now if you're done, you may leave," I said.

"One more thing, today my parents have held an engagement party at their house and they've invited some guests, your folks will be there as well so I'm here to pick you up and find you an engagement ring" He grinned.

I backed up and sat on the couch, I can't believe this is happening. I buried my face in my hands rubbing my temples, a migraine is creeping through again I could feel it.

This was all happening way too fast. No one would want to get married like this. I've always imagined me being with the man I'd fall in love with and get married and have kids with him. Unfortunately, all that would never happen now because I'm stuck with a man I'm forced to marry. I look up at Samuel.

I didn't notice before what he's wearing, a white dress shirt the shows off all his muscles perfectly, black dress pants with his hair gelled back. I could tell he hasn't slept as well but overall he's looking handsome.

"Okay...give me fifteen minutes and I'll be down," I say as I get up to walk towards my room.

"Wear something nice...sexy," he added then smirked while going out the door.

"Jerk" I mumbled.

I walked into my closet I decided to wear a really nice creamy half off-shoulder long sleeve dress, and grey long boots that stopped halfway just below the dress. I looked at my appearance in the mirror and I was happy with the dress. It hugged my curves perfectly and the boots just made it look nicer. For my face I didn't go overload I put tinted moisturizer, then applied mascara some blush. I let my long black hair down, I didn't feel like styling it.

I took one last look at myself then I quickly grabbed my coat made sure my phone was with me and locked my house and walked towards Samuels car.

____________________________________

Authors note

Hey loves!
OMG second chapter! What do you guys think? I hope you guys are liking my book so far. Keep reading I promise it'll get better! ;)Don't forget to vote please and share!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for updates!  _sarahaxox