Hungry For each other

Sonias P.O.V

It's been a month since the accident. Samuel woke up about three weeks ago.

I had told the hospital to transfer him to New York.  He'll be safer here at home...with me. He's still healing, his bruises and broken arms had healed thankfully. But he still had soreness in his ribs. The Doctors said that it was normal because of the delicate tissues around the ribs that were ripped because of the accident.

I had dismissed the nurses about an hour ago.

Sam and I were left alone in the house. Of course, I had bodyguards surround the mansion, I can't risk another attack. If these attacks are clearly common. 

I went to our room where Sam was asleep on the bed. I'm glad all the monitors are gone which means he's getting better. I sat next to him on the bed, combing my fingers through his soft black hair, then on his forehead checking for a fever his temperature was normal. It was up two days ago luckily the doctor gave him something for it, which had helped a lot.

"You don't have to do this, rest for a bit" I hear his raspy voice.

I look down at him "Hey, you're awake" I put my hands on his cheeks.

"You're the one who should be resting," I say as I pull the cover over him and he closes his eyes.

I walk into the washroom to take a shower, I hopped into the shower I took my sweet time, I needed a way to release all the stress that I've had for the past 4 weeks. I got out of the shower not bothering to change, I put my robe on then walk out.

I see Sam trying to get up so I quickly race to his side.

"Easy there buddy you'll break something" I joke.

"I need to go to the bathroom, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine walking to the bathroom and out without dying." he chuckles then gets up.

He walks to the bathroom. Then walks out a couple of minutes later towards the bed and he sits.

"Can you get me a shirt from my drawer over there" He points.

I nodded walking over to the drawer pulling out a white teeshirt then walking back to him.

I hand him the shirt and he puts it on the bed and tries to take his shirt off.

"Here let me help" I pull his shirt carefully over his head then throwing it in the laundry basket then take the white shirt off the bed and put it on him. He groans a couple of times because of the pain in his ribs.

"Thank you," he says looking up at me.

"Anytime, now get back to bed and get some sleep" I help him lay down and pull the sheets over him.

I walk over to my closet to wear my shorts with a tank top. I walk over to the bed and crawl in, I can see Sam watching me as I crawl in from the corner of my eyes.

"I thought I told you to rest" I smirk and pull the cover over me then turning to look down at him.

"I can't sleep" his raspy voice sends shivers down my spine.

"Well same here, I'll be awake if you need anything," I say while taking my worksheets out and start marking the children's work.

I booked off work for a while so I could help Sam. I felt bad if I left him in this state.

I need to start marking stuff some of this so I can send it back to the supply.

"You could go back to work you know, nurses are here for a reason" His eyes still focused on me.