[87] House of Missions

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Anubis house was its normal bustling self once again.

Both Camilla and Nina enjoyed long refreshing showers the moment they could, neither Alfie nor Fabian complaining when Camilla raced into their bathroom to do so. The girl finally pulling on a fresh pair of clothes, though she had lent to more comfortable clothing than fashionable ones; pulling Fabian's t-shirt on before following it with one of Jerome's hoodies as she chewed on a sandwich so large that even Eddie would be impressed with it. Nina smiled over at her having finally blown dried her hair after Camilla. The two girls were feeling so much better after their showers but Camilla was still deadly pale with dark circles under her eyes. It be a while before the girl was back to 100% but Nina wished she'd never see Camilla in the state she had been in within the tunnels.

"I see the Chosen One has returned with her Protector..."

An audible groan of annoyance left Camilla's mouth as she and Nina glanced to Amber's side of the room where the Spirit of Senkhara had decided to show up. Their day was going so well and then that bitch had to make an entrance to remind them all of their task still at hand.

Senkhara's lip curled as she heard Camilla's groan, the spirit was as happy to see the unpleasant and unrespectful Protector as the Protector was to see her. "I see you do not have the mask." She cordially told them in disgust.

"We will get it," Nina promised her glad Camilla had stuffed her mouth so she couldn't sass the spirit though from the furious chewing the female twin was doing she it wouldn't be long before Camilla could start talking back. "I promise."

"Your friends had the key and they disregarded it." The spirit hissed at the pair.

"That's because they chose to save us!" Camilla turned on the spirit taking a step forward, Nina watching in shock as the spirit took a step back. At the start of this madness, the two girls would have been afraid of the power of the spirit, but now as they were close to the end Camilla had managed to do so much that the spirit was in fear of the girl's power.

"The Mask is Unique... The Chosen One is not," The Spirit told the pair.

"Say that again..." Camilla growled the lights in the room flashing dangerously causing Nina to step forward and put a hand on Camilla to try to calm her down noticing the blood coming down from her nose. The girl was not in the state to be using magic, she was looking better but Nina had seen how badly she had been affected by the magic sapping. It would be a very long time before Camilla was back to full capacity to do magic once again. "I dare you," the challenge hung in the air between the Protector and the Spirit like a rogue icicle that could fall and impale anyone at any second.

"The Chosen One isn't the only one needed. It appears that the old powers are true about the new dynasty..." the woman hissed at the pair.

"You found The Osirian," Camilla spoke causing Nina to look between the Spirit and Camilla in curiosity. Something about what the girl said caused something in her to awaken almost. A warmth flooding her. Why did that name sound so familiar and comforting to her? Of course right then and there was not the time for Nina to ask Camilla these questions especially with Senkhara with them.

"Yes... The Osirian," Senkhara agreed with Camilla nodding her head, looking impressed at the girl's knowledge. She might be a pain but the girl knew of the myths of old apparently. "my patience has run dry with your little team." The spirit told the pair, "the old one will die first, at sundown tomorrow." She bluntly spoke.

"Gran?!" Nina asked in a panic, painfully grabbing Camilla's arm. they couldn't let her gran die. "No!"

The Spirit ignored the girl's pleas to look to her determined protector, "then who will I take next? The pretty girl or the clown? Or the angry one? Or the Chosen One's precious lover? Whoever it is be sure to know I will strike you down last Birkh, you shall see your friends fall and not be able to do anything!"