[69] House of Sabotage

*Unedited*
--------------

"God's help us..." the familiar phrase of Camilla's slipped from Jerome's mouth as he looked on in horror as the man of his nightmares stood before him and Jasper. "Rufus Zeno... but that's impossible." the utter horror that came with those words was something that Jerome had not missed.

Time had not been a friend to Rufus apparently. The scars at the top of his forehead where he had been attacked by the Egyptian killer wasps the year before were visible even against his sickly yellowing pale complextion, his eyes were hollow with large dark circles under them.  Though all this just seemed to add to the unnatural chaotic energy of the man that caused fear to drill into Jerome to his very bones.

Suddenly The Collector's want for Camilla – most probably dead - made a little more sense. She had been the one who had given the Sibuna's the advantage the year before with her powers, perhaps he wanted to nip that in the bud before she did something similar again.

Jasper seemed to freeze in place allowing Rufus to turn on his heel and stalk back to his car. Jerome not daring to move until he knew the vehicle was out of sight but the moment it was, he raced straight to Jasper. He needed to know if Jasper knew how deadly Rufus was, and how the man got himself caught up in the mess they now found themselves in.

"Jerome..." Jasper turned as the boy approached him.

"I thought he was dead..." Jerome whispered to himself in shock.

"He's not going to get away with it this time!" Jasper had worked himself into a rage as he raced to his car opening the door. Jerome racing to the passenger's side knowing when a Rutter – even if Jasper was an adopted on – got into the state the man was in now, sometimes it was safer they had someone watching over them.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"the worm is in the hole." Alfie came bumbling up to Camilla, Fabian and Nina with Amber and Patricia on his heels. Fabian had been keeping Camilla close in worry and Camilla wasn't going to complain about it – bar the fact she had to deal with geek talk all day -  "I repeat the worm is in the hole. Eddie's laptop is virused to the max!"

"Excellent work guys..." Fabian congratulated them half-heartedly as it felt wrong for him to put a virus onto someone's computer. 

"Now all we have to worry about is tracking down the dollhouse," Nina told them all with a sigh.

"Oh yeah..." Camilla groaned as she lifted her blazer just as Fabian closed his locker and the group started their walk down the hall.

"someone might have seen something..." Patricia told them all trying to remain positive. "I mean it is a big dollhouse."

Fabian let out a sigh, "yeah but it was in the middle of the night and no one will have seen anything..."

"shame Anubis walls don't have eyes," Alfie commented causing Camilla to stop dead, thus the Sibuna's did too.

"What was that Alfie?" she asked the boy turning to look at him.

"Shame Anubis walls don't have eyes?" Alfie repeated as Camilla turned to Fabian and Nina with an excited look hoping one of the geeks could put two and two together as fast as she had.

"Lounge Camera!" Fabian's eyes widened as he and Camilla spoke together with excitement. Eddie and Mara in their backwords way to find the ghost might have helped them find their dollhouse thief.

"Maybe we're starting to get somewhere." Patricia laughed as the smiles crept onto all the Sibuna's faces as they finally started walking again into the student lounge.