[71] House of Forgeries

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

The Sibuna's needed to put their plan into getting Trudy back in motion ASAP, which started with the biggest hurdle – the twins confronting Jasper about the truth.

"So, I had a terrible dream last night," Alfie started as he led Jerome into the Library exhibition before classes that day, neither boy surprised to see the other Sibuna's there already. "where Vera was a double agent, Rufus was a kidnapper and the twins uncle was a mole!"

Jerome wandering over to where Camilla was sat on a table, a silent conversation happening causing an eye roll from the girl but a nod of her head.

Amber's eyebrows furrowed at Alfie's speech as she looked to Patricia for some sort of explanation because as far as she was aware everything the boy just said wasn't a dream, it was reality.

"different kind of mole Amber," Patricia spoke up from her spot on the bench under the window that wasn't an uncommon spot for many people who were forced along to the exhibition/library by their friends.

"I wish I could say it was all a dream," Nina spoke up from next to Fabian, the twins both looking nervously to one another.

"Ohhh, whats with the grim faces?" Jasper's voice caused them to turn around, Jerome holding a hand out to help Camilla jump of the desk she was on. The girl took her place next to Fabian at the front of the little group, arms crossed as she looked at her Uncle. "so, what can I do for you?" he asked cheerfully, causing the twins to look to one another.

"Well," Amber happily started off the interrogation knowing neither Camilla nor Fabian would, "first you can grovel then you can help us get back Trudy and our dollhouse." She simply put it. All of them slightly enjoying the shocked look that crossed Jasper's face as he realised what the blonde girl had said. The man's head turning to the twins who where both looking at him with hurt expressions.

"you shouldn't have told them Jerome," the man said to the boy who stood behind Camilla.

"and you should have remembered my warning." Camilla retorted instantly defending her friend in a dangerous tone of voice that even caused Patricia to look at Camilla in shock.

"neither matter because you should have been honest with us in the first place." Fabian's soft upset voice was such a contrast to his sisters that it told Jasper how hurt the pair really were with his actions.

"I didn't want to put you two in danger," Jasper explained to the pair, "Trudy got too involved and look whats happened to her. You two are the most important people in the world to me." Any fight in Camilla went out at this statement of her uncles. "I was trying to keep you safe."

"Safe smafe!" Alfie scoffed, "we have a protector already and she's been doing a better job than you all year." Camilla looked down at her hands with a small smile creeping onto her face at her friend's words. She hadnt felt like she had done a lot of protecting or at least good protecting this year – they where all cursed by a spirit – but it was nice to hear her friends where backing up her job role. "no, we are going to bust out Trudy, arent we?"

"Look Jasper," Nina spoke up crossing her arms next to Fabian, "we know Rufus, we go way back. He's pure evil."

"which is why we need your help," Fabian added.

"though we do have a secret weapon of our own." Amber flicked her hair behind her shoulder as if it was no big deal, looking to Camilla and giving her a wink.

Jasper looked at Fabian and Nina with a solum expression, causing Fabian to sound alarmed as he added, "you are going to help us aren't you?"

The man looked between Fabian and Camilla, noticing in his silent pause they both reached for each other's hands like they used to do when they were scared as children. A lot had changed since the pair where small children but he still saw them as the young pair who used to hide their broccoli in napkins at grand meals, and curled into his side on rainy days at the manor happy to hear stories of Egypt. Well Fabian was happy to hear the stories Camilla fell asleep almost every time. Even from the way the pair where standing now in front of him nothing much had changed, Camilla still stood ahead of her brother, leading the way into the adventures the pair would have. so, she could deal with the majority of the scraps and bruises but knowing in enduring them her brother would still come along for the ride, Fabian being there to almost always (depending on the adult) talk them out of whatever trouble they go into from dirty clothing to broken vases. He needed to stop acting like the pair weren't the young adults that stood before him, no matter how many seminaries to the past he still could see.