[82] House of Memory

Start from the beginning

Alfie came running from his room to see Amber hitting Fabian with her hairbrush in the middle of the hallway the boy using a binder as a shield Patricia looking on behind them looking bemused but not stepping in to help either side.

"you should have checked with us first Fabian!" Amber shouted at the boy angrily. "the first rule about Sibuna is you do not talk about Sibuna!" with that and a final hit of her hairbrush the girl finally seemed to get her anger out and Fabian stood straighter to look at the group that had formed.

"I told you," Alfie pipped up looking at them all, "we should have had Mara and Joy fight it out between them. Epic chess off!" Alfie hadn't given up on his idea of the chess off and he was hoping that keeping the gang distracted would keep them from asking why he had run off to talk to Jerome... because according to Amber he too had just broken the first rule of Sibuna. "two cute girls in a brainy tournament..."

Before he could say anything, else Patricia had taken Amber's hairbrush off the blonde and thrown it at Alfie to get him to shut up about the chess tournament idea.

"We don't have time for that!" Fabian told Alfie, rather glad of Patricia's interfering to get him to shut up. "we don't have time for anything!" he added with a hiss looking to Amber. Trying to get the girl to understand he did it to save his sister. They were on a time crunch and boy was he ready to do anything in order to get her back.

"Sibuna!" Joy called from the landing.

"SHHHH!" All four Sibuna's in the hallway instantly hushed the girl looking at her with a mixture of expressions.

"Sorry..." Joy whispered to them before racing down the stairs to meet them all. "Fabian told you all then? He asked me to join the gang!"

Even Fabian had to flinch a little at the cheerful tone in Joy's voice, she didn't seem to understand the seriousness of the situation they found themselves in.

"Sibuna!" Joy raised her left hand to her eye and hissed it at them all excitedly.

Alfie looked at Joy and fixed her hands as Amber glared at Fabian once more. She was not happy with this situation in the slightest.

"NO!" Amber screamed.

"As a temporary member... like someone else..." Fabian added looking to Amber and Patricia who understood he was talking about Jerome.

"Yep." Joy agreed still in the same cheerful tone, making sure to pop the 'p' in the word. " so Fabs, you wanna teach me how to play this game or what?" with that she looped her arm in his and marched him into the living room. Not giving him much of an option causing the remaining Sibuna's to look at one another. This was going to be interesting.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

            After getting out of their school uniforms the Sibuna's all gathered in the living room to see how Joy's progression was going with the senet board. Even Amber, though she hated to admit it, was slightly impressed by the girl. Joy picked the game up straight away and had already beaten Fabian far more times than Fabian managed to beat Camilla when they were first trying it out.

"Yes!" Patricia celebrated as Joy moved a counter with ease to the other side for the 10th time. She might not like the fact Joy could be putting herself in danger but she did like the fact Joy was now in Sibuna, less secret keeping between the best friends.

"And the human wins again!" Joy screamed victoriously, her rather competitive side coming out as she turned to Fabian and raised her hand for a high five which the boy gave excitedly. Hopefully, this was proof that bringing Joy in was the best option to save Nina and Camilla. If anyone could outsmart Robert Frobisher-Smythe at a game like this it would be Joy.