[63] House of Tricks

Start from the beginning

"so, he came to me," Camilla spoke up with a smile from next to her brother, "and we put our heads together to form a plan to make him believe we had really destroyed it."

"and neither of you thought to share?" Patricia demanded a little put out she hadn't been included in the plan.

"We needed your real reactions," Camilla told the girl kindly, "Victor would never buy it on your guys acting skills alone."

"but... how? We all saw Camilla stand on the bag in those monster shoes. We all heard the cracking noise," Fabian asked the pair amused by the whole situation.

"Real magic..." Camilla grinned looking to Alfie.

"well, a little real Magic helped out a little," Alfie nodded his head, before looking to the group as he explained their plan in full, "I knew we needed two smashed amulets to fool everyone. So, I took a fake amulet wrapped it in an identical handkerchief, and I put it up my sleeve."

"then we made a decoy amulet out of clay in art class," Camilla added.

"I dropped the decoy from my sleeve picked up Victor's real amulet and placed it into a secret pocket Camilla had spelled the bag to have, whilst putting the decoy amulet into the pouch you all saw me make."

"which is the one Alfie smashed with his shoes," Camilla concluded with a grin.

"After I showed the smashed pieces of clay, knowing everyone was distracted by that one. I took the real amulet out of the magic bag and put it into my pocket." Alfie shrugged as if it was that simple, "but we knew we had to make sure Victor saw two broken amulets. So, I deliberately dropped our fake one on the floor."

"where I accidentally stepped on it when moving forward to try to reassure Victor." Camilla laughed.

"The real one was safe the whole-time guys," Alfie told them all lifting it up for them all to see.

"You two!" Nina squealed racing forward to bear hug Alfie as Fabian pulled his sister into another side hug, pride clearly etched onto his face as he looked down at her.

As Nina let go of Alfie her smile faded from her face, "Guys the dollhouse..." they all turned to look to the dollhouse which was normally pushed by the window between Amber and Camilla's beds, but it had been pulled out slightly on the side next to Camilla's bed, "it's been moved..." Nina observed as she raced over to it, pushing it back against the wall. "someone's been in here," Nina dramatically spoke Camilla having no clue how she had made that leap. The dollhouse could have moved itself for all she knew. It was magic after all.

"Are you sure?" Fabian asked, clearly having the same thoughts as his sister.

"Yeah, Nina's right..." Amber pipped up as she moved to her bed to look at the dollhouse, "someones moved it and the table away from the wall."

"Maybe you should lock it up..." Fabian said to the girls.

"It's a huge dollhouse, where are we going to fit it?!" Camilla asked her brother.

"One of your wardrobes?"

"NOT MINE!" Amber and Camilla instantly said together causing the Sibuna's to look at Nina.

"Mine it is.... This dollhouse is one thing we cannot let Victor get his hands on." Nina dramatically told them all.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"Uncle Jasper? Uncle Jasper?" Camilla called as wandered into the exhibition. It was lunchtime and she knew Victor was probably best to be avoided after yesterday, so Camilla had thought her uncle could help her out with some of the hieroglyphics she had found in the book of Isis that even her new Thoth tattoo seemed to be stumbling over. "You free to help me with some hieroglyphic deciphering?" she paused as she looked up saw the boy stood next to her Uncle on the balcony area of the library/exhibition, the two looking shifty as if up to something but what was the question. "Jerome?"