[60] House of Reckoning

Start from the beginning

"MISS RUTTER! MISS MARTIN!" Victor shouted as he entered the girl's hallway. The man pausing by the open bedroom door to see the twins on Camilla's bed and no one else in the room and proceeded up the hall where the bathroom door lock had clicked. 

The twins looked to one another as Victor walked past the room, both of them hoping their friends where going to be fine. They could only listen in knowing neither of them could help them at that moment.

"Sorry Victor," they heard Nina shout, "urgent girl talk."

There was a lot of banging on the door as Victor shouted, "Nina Martin, you have something that belongs to me and I want it back! You have until the count of 5, to give me back that piece of paper!" They heard Victor threaten loudly, "if you do not, the consequences will be severe. 1... 2... 3... 4..."

Until all of a sudden it went silent. Scarily silent.

Like Camilla and Fabian where sure their friends may be dead kinda quiet.

Until they suddenly heard the strangely cheery voice of Nina, "Sorry Victor. Just had to master Amber's look for prom"

Camilla turned to her brother and mouthed 'Prom?' causing him to shrug at her. He hadnt heard they were having another prom this year either clearly. 

"it is a very long way off." The demanding voice of Victor interrupted the twins puzzling.

"true... but hey, it's never to early to get ready right? Anyway, I think we cracked it."

Whatever else was said the twins couldn't hear but they both pretended once again to look busy as Victor stalked past the bedroom and out of the hallway, leaving Amber and Nina to follow him, neither of them surprised to see the strange position on Camilla's bed. It was a very common Rutter twin sight to see.

The twins detangled as their friends came in the room and Nina shut the door, Camilla being the first to speak up, "Okay I hope you are happy I've not seen him that mad in forever," she told Nina with a sigh knowing angry Victor was not a good Victor she had to deal with. She then turned to Amber who had rollers in her hair, "what is with that hair?" she asked before she could stop herself causing a laugh from the blonde.

"you guys need to see this," Nina told the twins rolling her eyes at Camilla's mutterings about Victor to show them Amber's phone. On it was a clear photo of the zodiac, they finally had a clue to work off to find the reflectors.

"this is the chart from the tunnel wall," Fabian excitedly exclaimed as he looked at the photo, Camilla looking over his shoulder.

The very bottom of the paper was covered in hieroglyphs, due to her little tattoo behind her ear she could read them slowly but what was surprising – and from the sound of his voice Fabian found it surprising too – was as she spoke Fabian did too; as if he could read them with the same ease. "the Zodiac of Horus." The twins spoke together before looking to one another.

The split second of shock and then look to one another was all the twins needed to know they had to keep that little bit of freaky to themselves. For now, at least, until they had more information.

"so that's what it is called." Fabian continued in a confident voice turning to his open laptop to google the phrase in question, knowing only Camilla would hear the slight wobble in his tone to show his slight unease.

"So now we know what it's called," Nina spoke up as the twins both looked at the laptop screen, "maybe we can finally find some info online about this zodiac."

"and find out what my Egyptian star sign is," Amber added as that was as important to her as the Sibuna quest.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪