[53] House of Heists

Start from the beginning

"Let's do this," Camilla told her with a groan, "we have done way worse and we will do way worse. She wants us to pass she will help." Camilla confidently told Nina who smiled slightly before looking around the room.

"Senkhara? Senkhara?!" Nina called out, "I need you. Senkhara?" Nina got to her feet, Camilla following her getting ready to pull the Chosen One behind her at any given second.

"OI Bitch," Camilla added causing Nina to gasp slightly at her words, "we need your help. Wanna show yourself?"

"Okay," Nina spoke looking around the room as nothing happened, knowing that Camilla's words would have gotten the spirit to show mainly due to the disrespect than anything else. She grabbed her bag and opened the bedroom door to reveal the spirit standing on the other side of it.

"time dwindles for you and your friends," Senkhara spoke her eyes flashing as she watched Camilla take a protective step in front of Nina, causing the spirit to stop where she was. "Why do you call me in such a disrespecting manner!" this caused Camilla to let out a small snort a smile creeping onto her face, "The Bond of Old may have ancient magic protecting you and your kin Protector, but that does not mean I cannot harm those you love."

Nina saw Camilla's eyes squint in anger, both of them questioning what she meant by the bond of old but both knew that right that moment wasn't the time nor the place to question what it meant. "We were just calling you," Nina told the spirit in a calm voice from behind Camilla, trying to be the one to keep the peace between the two, "because we needed to ask-"

"You forget, I am your mistress."

"You ain't no one's mistress, least of all mine - or have your forgotten who my Deity is..." Camilla threatened causing the Spirit to glare at the protector but she didn't threaten them anymore.

Nina took this as her time to talk again, "you want us to finish the task." Nina told the spirit who nodded her head at the girl, "we need to find the tune to the Song of Hathor."

"That poisonous melody."

"so you have heard of it," Camilla looked at the spirit.

"We need to find the melody," Nina explained before Camilla could put her mouth in it and the spirit would leave, "or we can finish the task."

Senkhara looked between the girls before holding out her hand, a small ball of magic appearing and within it, a trumpeting song played.

"But that's beautiful," Nina spoke in awe, Camilla having other ideas entirely but she was decent enough to keep them to herself for once, "why is it poisonous?"

Of course, Senkhara being the totally sane spirit she was didn't answer the girl's question, instead, she just screamed in the pair's faces before disappearing. The only good thing about the meeting was they now had the tune, though it did leave Camilla with a question she didn't know how to answer. What did the bloody bitch mean, "the bond of old"?

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"Okay squirt, you coming for an adventure?" Jerome and Alfie looked up at the voice and both of them smiled as they saw Camilla leaning on the doorframe. The girl couldn't help her smile as Alfie bounded over to her from Jerome's bed where he and the older boy had been reading a comic book together.

"Can Jerome come too?" Alfie asked the girl taking the hand she held out and looked up at her. There was one thing Alfie remembered from his childhood was he had the puppy dog eyes nailed down, and apparently, the innocent look worked on his friends too.

Camilla let out a sigh glancing up at Jerome who was sitting up taking in the scene, "I guess I was going to show you one day," she told the boy with a smile, "today it is."