[48] House of Hex

Start from the beginning

"Maybe," Fabian said rolling his eyes at his sister before smiling at Joy.

"Great, I'll keep you informed." Joy laughed before leaving the room.

"You are the actual worst!" Fabian laughed as he put down his last chair before turning to face Camilla who skipped over to him and threw an arm around his shoulder.

"I'm your baby sister Fabby, it's my job to make your life awkward."

Both of them burst out laughing until they noticed Nina lurking by the door and their smiles dropped from their faces.

"Nina..." Fabian said instantly.

"You two are obviously busy to come into the tunnels right now," She spoke in a bitter voice. "or hear about my problem with Senkhara last night, like a real Protector would have."

Camilla squinted her eyes at the dig from Nina, what was the girl's problem she was having a laugh with her brother.

"Nina..." Fabian mumbled as Camilla crossed her arms beside him, "really me and Joy we're just..."

"Friends?" Nina answered for him, "Funny, you and I never movies Fabian, as friends or otherwise."

"really," Fabian tried to explain, "really w-we..."

"Just forget it, okay..." Nina spoke up looking from Fabian to Camilla who let out a scoff, "and don't get me started with you Cam, all your secrets and mystery's you keep from us... sometimes I just wish you'd just tell the truth."

As Nina walked out the room Fabian clutched at his arm where his mark was as Camilla clutched at her wrist where her mark was, both of them looking to one another in confusion. What was happening?

"Wait... forget what?" Fabian turned to Camilla with a confused look.

"This is not good..." Camilla mumbled to herself.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Eddie had told Camilla about his meeting with his dad that morning, and she had agreed to be there for him if he needed to rant or talk about it. So she was sat outside on the wall with her grimoire out (her magic class of the day being cancelled due to the fact the ping pong tournament was going on.)

"YACKER?!" The call from Eddie caused Camilla to look up from her spot on the wall, taking a bite from the apple she had in her hand.

Patricia was on her way into the school and ignored the boy as he called her, causing him to run across the carpark calling her name still until he was in front of her and she couldn't get past him, "do I know you?" Patricia spoke up causing Camilla to smile behind her apple, Fabian had informed her about the whole 'Patricia knowing Eddie's secret identify thing' as they walked to school that morning due to the fact, he was forced to endure a rather long rant about it from Eddie the night before. "Eddie Miller is it? Or could it be, I don't know? Edison Sweet?!"

Eddie shhhed her loudly looking around to see who had heard her, noticing Camilla with her amused expression watching the pair, "will you keep it a secret?" Eddie asked Patricia almost begging the girl.

"why should I?" Patricia demanded.

"because we're friends?" Eddie offered up confused.

Patricia paused and looked at him for a second, "I'll keep your secret, but I don't think we'll ever be friends Eddie."

"because you found out who my dad was?" Eddie asked dejectedly.

"No," Patricia shook her head, "because I found out who you are. I can't believe you told the Twins and not me."