[37] House of Hacks

Start from the beginning

"I promise, once this spirit is gone, I'll act on my feelings," Nina told the girls before straightening as Patricia and Fabian wandered over.

Amber decided to talk before either of them could ask what the three girls were whispering about, "So, where did you two dash off to?" the blonde asked Patricia and Camilla as she gathered her books along with Nina and got to her feet.

Patricia looked to Camilla, who gave her a look – one that said she'd follow the girls lead in whatever she told Sibuna. "nowhere, eh, did we miss anything?"

"I checked our room," Nina told the pair with a smile, "everything is still there. Big relief huh?"

"Yeah, huge..." Patricia nodded as Camilla's eyes widened. Patricia could use the dollhouse Amulet until they tracked down her one.

Nina looked around at the Sibuna's, "so guys, I think we're ready. Victor is going to be at the staff meeting tonight, so tunnel time in 2 hours?" Nina asked them all.

"Or!" Patricia offered sounding nervous causing Camilla to hope the other's thought it was because of the tunnels not because of anything else, "maybe we could just practice a bunch more times before we even think about –"

Nina interrupted her, clearly seeing it as nervousness about the tunnel and task, "look, Patricia, we already practised a bunch. You'll be fine." Nina reassured her.

"And if you get stuck, take a deep breath and think WWAMD." Amber said confidently causing them all but Camilla to turn to look at her in confusion. "Camilla?!" Amber pointed at the girl to explain.

"What Would Amber Millington Do." Camilla explained simply causing Fabian's eyes to widen. "it's a very effective method I've come to find."

"Yeah, how do you think we adopted Gary the goat!" Fabian told the Sibuna's causing them all to laugh bar Patricia who was looking worried about the task this evening.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

As Camilla walked back into her room, after dropping off her magic book in Victor's office, she didn't expect Amber to be prowling around Fabian in a military sort of way.

            "Ignore for dummies," Amber said as Camilla entered the room, causing both heads to look her way.

            Camilla smiled and shook her head at them, "Continue please, I don't know what I walked in on, but I cant wait to see Fabian attempt to ignore someone," she said walking across the room and settling down on her bed as if she was about to watch the greatest show on earth causing a grin from Amber and a dirty look from Fabian.

            "Just pretend I'm Joy, and Camilla is herself or Nina or anyone else," Amber said pointing to Camilla. "Don't react to anything I say, and keep your attention on Camilla." Fabian nodded his head and he turned to face Camilla who smiled brightly at him.

            Amber started to pace behind him, she put on a mocking voice of Joy causing Camilla to grab a pillow and muffle her laughs into it as Fabian's mouth tightened as he tried not to react, "Hi Fabes! Remember when we were BFFs and we did Blah and Blah together at that Blah place and we laughed at the Blah? So anyway, I love you." This caused Fabian to turn to face Amber.

            Camilla made a beep noise loudly indicating Fabian had failed the task.

            Amber hissed, "Don't look at me!" in her own voice causing Fabian to turn back to his sister shell shocked. Amber let out a sigh and gave Camilla an exasperated look shaking her head. "I'm way better girlfriend material than Nina. For a start, I'm not cursed. I'm not American and I don't smell of books."