[32] House of Curfews

Start from the beginning

"Cam," Amber started as the girl-focused back on the paint can again, "you know you can tell me anything right?"

"Yeah," Camilla answered through a grunt.

"right," Amber said again simply, "why do you never join in on the girl chat when me and Nina talk about it?"

Camilla thought the question was odd but it was Amber she was talking too, the girl probably had gotten bored of watching her, "I already know what I'm looking for in a guy so I don't see the point in discussing it," Camilla told her simply.

"Which is?"

"It's tall, handsome, nerdy, childish, smart as hell," Camilla listed off the top of her head not thinking, her focus was on the pain tub as the lid was close to coming off.

"So, Jerome," Amber said simply.

The paint lid went flying as Camilla looked up in shock at the blond, "what?"

Amber gave Camilla a small smile, "You like Jerome, don't you?" Camilla didn't know how to respond to Amber's question but the girl didn't need a response. Everything she needed to know was all over Camilla's face. "From that look on your face, I already know the answer to that question."

Camilla got to her feet and looked at her best friend, "Ambs, he likes Mara. What am I meant to do?"

Amber jumped off the wall and grabbed Camilla's hand, "You tell him when you are ready Cam. That's what you do. Life's too short to not tell someone that."

Camilla sent Amber a small smile before she turned to look at the dark green car next to them, before looking down at the white paint. Crushes aside they had a mission to go on.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Patricia and Mara had been busy at work. Mara had questions, Fabian and Nina, as they slipped past them from the kitchen and ran up the stairs moments after the music in the living room stopped and Victor's office door slammed shut but Patricia didn't answer any of her questions and kept filling the bucket she had found full of food. Patricia expertly balanced the bucket on the top of the doorframe and knocked on Eddie's door. Sleepily the boy walked out of the room just to get the bucket on his head.

Patricia burst out laughing as Mara fled into the kitchen just as Victor came roaring down the stairs.

"What on earth do you call this?" Victor's booming voice could be heard even from the girl's bedroom.

"Just having a midnight snack." Patricia sassed Victor back.

"Detention!" he hissed pointing between her and Eddie, "detention for both of you commencing tomorrow and ending perhaps never! Now clear up this mess!" with that the man turned on his heel and stalked from the house, just in time to hear a car alarm going off in the distance.

Camilla and Amber, both with white paint on their clothes and face's grinning, popped their heads out of the kitchen to see a shocked Eddie and an amused Patricia. They had snuck back into the house via the back door, just in time to hear the end of Victor's threat to Peddie.

"Point 4 Sibuna," Camilla whispered to Amber as they heard the car alarm go off.

"What just happened?!" Eddie asked Patricia.

"long story short. Victor, you, me, detention." She said simply as she tried not to laugh at her fellow Sibuna's in the kitchen. Her eyes were full of questions at their paint-covered selves.

Eddie hit himself before letting out a sigh realising that he wasn't, in fact, dreaming, "I'm not dreaming. Great." He murmured before going back to his room.