[32] House of Curfews

Start from the beginning

"Who's out here?!" he demanded into the deadly still darkness in front of the house.

Amber looked at Camilla and the two put their hands to their eyes, "point one to Sibuna," they whispered before they both slipped into the shadows surrounding the side of the house.

Inside Anubis house Alfie used the girl's distraction as an opportunity to sneak back downstairs, just slipping into his room as Victor walked back into the house again.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Half an hour later, it was Patricia's turn to take a swing at keeping Victor awake. Her plan involved sorting out two of her problems at once. After waking a sleeping Mara, the two girls popped their heads around the upper floor door to see Victor having dozed off at his desk.

"Remind me why we have to get even with Eddie right now?" a sleepy Mara asked her friend.

"Always prank your enemies when they least expect it," Patricia explained as if it was the simplest thing on the planet. "Operation nemesis is ago,"

Before either of the girls could do anything some of Eddies horrible thrash metal music started playing downstairs extremely loudly, instantly causing Victor to wake up. Patricia smiled as she shut the upper floor door, knowing it was the doing of Nina and Fabian who had snuck downstairs as she went to wake Mara.

Patricia opened the door once again as Victor rushed past it, on his way downstairs to find the source of the noise.

"Yes! Yes! Very clever!" Victor bellowed loudly, causing Fabian and Nina who were hiding in a kitchen cupboard to share a smile to one another. "Who is it!" Fabian pressed a button to switch off the Bluetooth speaker he had hidden behind the woodpile for the fire, "Well? Show yourself." Victor asked the empty living room looking around.

"Second Verse, Same as the first," Fabian whispered to Nina, before pressing the button again and the music started blaring loudly once again.

"What? What is going on?!" Victor demanded of the empty room.

"Point 2, Sibuna," Nina whispered to Fabian as they shut the cupboard doors.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Amber was watching Camilla from her place on the school wall; the girl had a large tin of white paint she had stolen from the supply shed and was trying to pry the lid of it with a screwdriver.

"Hey Alfie," she sleepily said as Alfie and Jerome wandered past them, Alfie not looking surprised to see either girl out and about but Jerome stopped to take in the sight.

"What are you two doing?" He asked.

"Stuff..." Camilla grunted as she tried to force off the lid once again.

"Like?" he asked causing her to turn to look at him.

"I could ask you the same question? Where are you off to J?" Camilla asked expectantly.

Jerome nodded his head in understanding it was one of those situations where they just wouldn't ask each other what they were up too and let them go on. "I understand Milly, good luck," Jerome told her causing a smile to flit onto her face.

"And you," she said, meaning more for Alfie but that didn't matter.

As the two boys walked off Camilla felt Amber's eyes on her in a different way than before. Camilla hazarded a glance up at her and saw a knowing look causing the girl to groan. What was it about friends that they always seemed to know when you were not telling them something?