[27] House of Pendulums

Start from the beginning

Patricia and Nina took off their amulets, Amber following behind her arm not leaving its place around Camilla's waist. The tea helped but they could all tell she wasn't 100% just yet.

"It's not the song I'm worried about," Patricia informed Fabian, "it's the swinging pendulums of doom."

"That's why we need to practice." Nina explained as if it was the easiest thing in the world. "by the time we're finished you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed."

"that's the only way I'll be able to do it!" Amber spoke up causing a laugh from Camilla.

Nina rolled her eyes at her roommates before pushing the button to the door that led them to the cellar. The Sibuna's followed her out one by one, Camilla looking around as she felt as if they weren't alone but a quick tug from Amber kept her walking. She probably was imagining it.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Nina and Fabian's idea of practice was an odd one indeed. Somehow the pair had dragged one of the benches from the PE hall all the way to the student lounge – how they had managed to clear it was another question Camilla had no clue about.

"What are we looking at?" Amber asked as she pushed the final couch out of the way as Camilla and Fabian placed the bench in the middle of the room.

"This is our crocodile, can't you see?" Nina said to Nina ignoring the fact both twins said 'Sobek' as a way to correct her. Amber glanced down at the bench and clearly she wasn't alone in not understanding Nina as Patricia, Alfie and Camilla all looked equally confused.

"So, we'll take turns as pendulums, and on the beam, and rotate," Fabian explained to them all.

"to learn the gaps, we learn the swings." Nina cheerfully said.

"Is this what you two were whispering about at breakfast because if so you two were way to excited over something so weird..." Camilla couldn't help but said as she looked to Nina and Fabian.

"Eh," Fabian said looking down at his phone, "Patricia you are A, Camilla you are B, Amber you are C, and Alfie you are D, Nina you are our walker." Alfie, Patricia and Camilla all took their places as Amber stepped onto the bench looking confused towards Nina who was stood next to Fabian.

"Wait, am I U R or C?" Amber asked Fabian from on the bench.

"C," Fabian said through a burst of laugher as Amber took her place next to Camilla opposite Alfie with a nod. With that Fabian looked at his pendulums, "Okay Alfie give us a beat."

Alfie started to beatbox and Fabian started to recite letters – resulting in complete and utter chaos along with a lot of laughter from the Sibuna's as they jumped over the bench. None of them bar Nina, who was trying not to cry from laughter, and Fabian having any clue of any rhythm of the pendulums.

"A,C,A,C,D," Fabian called out. It was coming to the end of the Sibuna's jumping over the bench in order and they had finally got to the point they could add a 'walker' to their jumping. After 15 attempts Nina finally made it across.

"I did it!" Nina squealed in delight.

"Well done!" Fabian smiled as Camilla groaned and fell back in a chair. She had done more exercise in the last hour than she had ever done in any PE class ever.

Patricia turned to the girl slumped in the chair and laughed as she threw her the water bottle from her bag, "You know, you have the physical fitness of a really fat panda!"

"Thank you," Was the only response she got from the twin in an almost proud voice as Camilla opened the bottle and took a large swig before passing it to Alfie who was more than happy to take it from Camilla.