[20] House of Vertigo

Start from the beginning

"it's one speech," Fabian whispered to his sister, but he knew she wouldn't budge, "next fancy dinner we get asked to go too by Mum and Dad, I'll lie for you so you can miss it." Fabian offered, knowing what his sister was like, and seeing Camilla's eyebrows raise he knew he had won her over.

"Fine..." Camilla sighed causing Joy to smile at them both before she mouthed a 'thank you' to Fabian.

"And at 7.30 precisely representatives of the student body, chosen by Mr Ziestack, make a speech!" Mr Sweet read off a clipboard in the middle of the room, looking around until he saw the two Rutter's talking with Joy. "Oh, Fabian! Camilla!" he called to them, causing the three on the stage to look around at the headteacher, "that's you!" unknown to Camilla what that meant was they were doing a mic-check as Joy pushed the twins to the mic.

"Eh..." was all Fabian had time to say before there was a loud feedback sound causing everyone to flitch, Joy letting out a frustrated scream noise before she marched onto the stage to deal with whatever was going with the Mics, only for a table to fall onto Amber's foot causing her to scream loudly and just to make matters worse the power went out. Camilla wasn't the only one to burst out laughing at it all. It was defiantly going to be a long few days of preparation.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Amber was using Camilla as a lean as she limped into the dining room, "it will be alright on the night, right?" Fabian asked his sister for the 30th time since coming back to the house. They had had to read the speech Joy had written only 4 times before Camilla had ripped it up and re-wrote it (kind of, she spoke into the mic a random speech off the top of her head and made sure to record it on her phone.) Joy's was all pompous and wordy, Camilla knew the kind of person Gustav was and she defiantly knew the student body. What she had Fabian now had was short sweet and to the point but not lacking the heart the speech needed.

"Yes Fabian, if you don't stop asking me, I will do the speech myself and you can just stand there and look pretty!" Camilla all but growled at him.

"I hope this heals soon; I can't go to the dance like this!" Amber mumbled looking at her foot, Fabian pulling out her chair as she turned to Nina and Camilla lowering her voice to add, "And what about the hopscotch?!"

Nina sat down looking nervous, seeing the looks passing between the twins but thankfully knowing better than saying anything to Amber. Joy tapped Fabian on the shoulder, causing him to turn to face her, Camilla watching the conversation curiously as she rounded the table and sat down next to Jerome.

"so you know how we have this big exam coming up for Geology?" Joy asked him, causing Camilla to glance to Nina to see her expression souring. By the Gods, she wished Nina and Fabian would get over themselves and just kiss and makeup, but she didn't say anything as she did promise she wouldn't interfere.

"Geography!" Nina corrected Joy loudly.

"Ehh, Tamato, tomato," Joy waved her off keeping her focus on Fabian, "we could talk about the ball at the same time."

"Yeah... yeah..." Fabian agreed, mainly because he didn't know how to say no. "what right now?" he asked looking at Amber and Nina who were glaring at him, they had plans after dinner... the dollhouse, the tunnels.

Joy gasped loudly, "great idea! Sit next to me and we can talk all about it!" she told him grabbing his hand and pulling him up the table making him take Eddie's seat.

Camilla looked at Jerome who was quietly chuckling in her ear, the two of them seeing Nina's jealous look and knowing they were about to get a show along with their meal.