[16] House of Frauds

Start from the beginning

"I'll go check on her, I have extra classes first anyways so it doesn't matter if I'm late," Camilla told them all as she pushed her chair out, Eddie's eyes landing on Camilla causing him to lean forward.

"I don't think I caught your name..." he flirted with her.

Camilla smiled overly sweetly, leaning forward too, before picking up an apple from the fruit bowl, "that's because I didn't throw it." She leaned back and took a bite of her apple, "if you're that desperate to know, do some research," she told him before winking and walking out the room after Patricia.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla walked into the school after her magic class to see 'Donkey Day' posters up all over. She ripped one from the wall as she wandered into the student lounge, just as Jerome sidled up to her with a bright smile that she instantly knew to suspect. "what do you think then Milly?" He asked her with a bright smile.

"Donkey day? J, I can see the scam right off!" She told him with a laugh, causing his face to fall a little. Camilla sighed knowing she'd regret the words but they came out her mouth anyway, "You won't get me to sponsor you but I'll help cheer you on."

The look the crossed Jerome's eye was one she was honestly spooked by, "Can I get you in a cheer uniform?"

"Seriously?"

"Or you can pay?"

Camilla scoffed, "I'd rather suffer in the cheerleading outfit than give you my money for a fake charity." She told the boy, who realised that she wasn't budging. Jerome led the girl into the room where Camilla sat arm of one of the chairs, watching the madness of Jerome's strange plan, what the plan was for she wasn't quite sure yet.

"So is everyone signed up for a Donkey Day challenge..." Jerome called out looking around the room until his eyes landed on Patricia a smile appearing on his face, as he approached her, turning his clipboard around so she could see the events he had planned out. "Patricia... I don't see your name down. Think of the poor disadvantaged donkeys," he told her causing Camilla to burst out laughing at Jerome's words. He was laying on the guilt a little thick.

After a push from Joy, Patricia looked down the list before pointing to something on the clipboard, "okay, sign me up for the wonky-donkey..." she told Jerome who was more than happy to write her name down, before putting the bucket he was holding in her face, "it's a fiver entrance fee please."

"Eh, what's the wonky-donkey?" Joy asked as Patricia put a fiver into the bucket. At that very moment, Alfie and Amber came into the student lounge, two of their feet tied together as if they were running the three-legged race.

"Oh, My God!" Camilla said before she could stop herself trying for the sakes of her friends not to laugh at the sight of the two struggling to walk.

"eh, that is!" Patricia commented with a smile pointing to the two as they struggled to get around the couches.

"Alfie! Baby steps!" Amber said through gritted teeth.

"Hey, you two?" Patricia called from across the room, "donkey day isn't until tomorrow!"

"We're showing everybody how it's done," Alfie told her as they finally sat down on the couch next to where Camilla was, both letting out a sigh of relief as they found themselves sat.

Camilla's laugh faded as she heard Mara behind her approaching Jerome, "Eh, since when did you become so interested in the well fair of Donkeys?" she asked him, suspicion clearly heard in her tone of voice. This caused a huge dramatic eye roll from Camilla – of course, this was a huge ploy! It was Jerome its why they all loved the boy - causing a laugh from across the room, and she looked over to see Eddie watching her with an amused expression, causing her to smile back at him.