[6] House of Faces

Start from the beginning

"He wishes," Camilla teased, causing Poppy to smile, "okay now spill, not than I'm not honoured to be your sister, just help me understand why you applied to the program, and what the hell the shouting was about," Poppy let out a sigh but something in her knew Camilla was on her side when it came to this. Maybe it was because in the only photos she had seen of her brother his most genuine smile was when the girl next to her was with him, or because something in her knew Camilla was going to be in her life for a while. She wasn't sure, but for the first time, she didn't lie or stretch the truth. She told Camilla she joined the program because she knew Jerome didn't want her at the school but she was petrified of boarding school and wanted someone to go too, she also told Camilla about the letter and their dad. The girl already knowing some stuff but clearly not a lot.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Joy clearly hadn't heeded Camilla's warning, or so Amber told the girl during lunch. Supposedly there was a very awkward encounter in the girl's toilets where Camilla was somehow assigned writing a film script with Nina. Which she never agreed too. Mulling over the thought of writing yet another story about Egypt, Camilla wandered into study hall where she greeted Jerome with a hit across his head before she sat down next to him, "In big brother departments you are reaching Fabian levels of overprotectiveness," she told him as she took his biscuit from his hand taking a bite, "Plus the phone you took from her was her backup phone anyway,"

Jerome rubbed the back of his head looking at Camilla in confusion as Alfie asked her a question, "Would you rather; zombie apocalypse or an alien invasion?"

"do the zombie s have probes?"

"No."

"then Zombie apocalypse. Definitely." Camilla told the boy with a nod of her head, causing Alfie to nod before writing something down in a notebook.

Jerome seemed to have finally computed Camilla's words as he reached over and took the half-eaten back off Camilla, "How do you know Poppy has a backup phone?"

"she told me..." Camilla said simply, "I'm her big sister in the big sibling program." Camilla explained simply with a shrug.

"She applied to that?" Jerome asked softly.

Camilla took his hand and squeezed it, "hey, least it was me who got her, means I can help you with the thing you asked..." she told him softly getting a smile from him.

"How much rejection can one guy get!" Alfie asked the pair causing them both to raise their eyebrows neither wanting to answer.

"Tea?" Jerome asked Camilla, who gave him a look as if to say 'well duh'. The boy laughing as he got up to make the pair some, Camilla curling in her chair so she could face Alfie who had pulled out his laptop.

"even the niche geeks are saying no!" Alfie groaned loudly. Jerome walked back over to the couch where Camilla was sat and handed her a cup of tea and was about to sit down when Mara came in shouting.

"You are nothing but a big bully Jerome!"

"Mara, I do love it when you talk me up," the boy told her with a smile sitting next to Camilla.

"Poppy just wants to read the letter..." Mara told him.

"Mara to the rescue... yay." Camilla mumbled, causing Jerome to snigger at her and Mara to give her a glare which Camilla rolled her eyes at.

"She is your sister," Mara said looking back at Jerome.

"She is a robot sent from the future to ruin my life..." Jerome instantly said causing Camilla to bite her lip recognising the words she had once said almost 3 years ago about Fabian. Jerome glanced her way and gave her a wink before Mara sat down in the chair next to them, "Please," she begged him, "for me?"