[6] House of Faces

Start from the beginning

"I'll go, I think this is a twin chat kind of thing," She explained before she put her cup down and ran after Fabian.

The boy was in his room packing up his books muttering away to himself, not looking up as Camilla wandered into the room behind him.

"I'll get you your booklet back Fabian..." Camilla spoke up after a few seconds silence, "you know I can."

"But you shouldn't have to Cam." Fabian sighed looking at her, "I shouldn't have let him take it."

"Fabian you're being too hard on yourself."

"Am I? because only yesterday you said I needed to grow a backbone." He countered.

Camilla rolled her eyes and wandered over to him, taking the book he was holding out of his hand and putting it on his bed, "Fabby, we love you because you are who you are and no one wants to change that. You are smart and determined, and loyal, and logical, your levelheaded, we both know that your not as stubborn as me which mum and dad like, and you always know the right outcome to any situation because you stand back and take a second to think about it where I just bulldoze ahead." This caused Fabian to snort, "you're the Fabian Nina fell for, she like me doesn't want you any other way, no matter what teasing I do or what anyone else says."

Fabian pulled Camilla into a hug which she was more than happy to return, hearing a muffled "Thank you" in her shoulder. Clearly the boy needed to hear what she had to say.

As he pulled back, he looked at her, "Any chance you know anything about writing Poems?" this caused Camilla to burst out laughing as she shook her head.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Mrs Andrew's had posted a letter through to Anubis house for Camilla and she was on the bottom step of the stairs waiting for Amber as she read over it, it looked like she would be receiving her 'Little Sister' tomorrow or the day after. The younger school got to choose between two opinions, so they were just waiting for everyone on the program to hand back their final choice. Though as she was reading something caught her eye, Poppy Clark was sneaking into their house – clearly after her phone as she ran past Camilla directly to Alfie and Jerome's room. Camilla knew it wasn't her place to follow but she decided to wait until the girl came back out the room again. It took a few moments and after some muffled shouting – clearly, Jerome had shouted at her – Poppy rounded the corner once again, headed to the front door.

"Alright, Popsicle," Camilla spoke as the girl wandered past, getting too her feet and crossing her arms the smile on her face showing the younger girl she wasn't in trouble, "what are you up too?"

"I was just seeing my brother, I want too –" Poppy turned scared until realisation flashed across her face," wait, your Camilla, Camilla-Anne Rutter?"

"The one and only," Camilla sang a little raising her arms causing Poppy to laugh.

"You're my big sister!"

It took Camilla a full minute to compute what the girl said, but once she did, she couldn't help but grin, Poppy Clark was her little sister. "Wait, you applied to the big sibling program?" she asked glancing back to Jerome's room confused.

Poppy sighed, "it's a long story..."

"Well let's try summarising it on the walk to school okay?" Camilla asked putting an arm around Poppy's shoulders and pulling her in for a side hug before they headed from Anubis house "Popsicle before you explain can I ask, how did you know who I was?"

Poppy smiled mischievously at Camilla, "Jerome has a fair few photos of you and Alfie up at home, though this year mum got the prom one of you two framed and I heard her mention you. Are you his girlfriend?"