[5] House of Rivals

Start from the beginning

Thankfully the two girls seemed to relax a little as they entered the chaos of breakfast, a little normality despite everything that had been discussed that morning.

"Did anybody hear that terrible noise in the night?" Trudy asked them all, Nina and Fabian pointing to Nina's Gran with smiles on their face.

Jerome, however, didn't smile as the joke as he took in Camilla's worried expression as she sat down next to him, "What was that all about Milly?" He asked quietly, referring to Fabian dragging her and Nina out the room. Camilla didn't respond as she grabbed her mug and drank her tea, Jerome seeing her knuckles going white as she gripped the mug. Gently he reached over and pulled her hand away from the mug, bringing it under the table where he started to massage it gently trying to relax the small girl. Camilla closed her eyes and let out a sigh, "Nina and me have had a bit of a disagreement about something, Fabian was trying to resolve it." She explained simply, looking over at him and seeing the disbelief in his eyes.

"There is defiantly more to it than that..." Jerome murmured too the girl.

"Honestly there might be but there might not be..." Camilla told him with a small smile, "I might be jumping to the worst-case scenario in my mind but I've got too you know." She added, knowing Jerome knew about the bond she and Nina had and how she was the one to protect her. Jerome frowned as he glanced from the stressed-out looking Camilla to Nina and Fabian who were smiling at Nina's gran, but he didn't say anything else – it was one of those few times where Camilla couldn't read what he was thinking, and she wasn't sure if she wanted too or not.

Camilla was the first one to leave the breakfast table that day, Nina's little direction had stopped her from fully packing all her books – plus she had to ply up the secret floorboard where she was storing her personal Grimoire.

As she was heading out Nina rushed in, picking up her blazer revealing the bottom of her camp bed, which for some reason the Cup of Ankh was just casually sitting under.

"Nina..." Camilla muttered from the door.

"Hmm..." Nina asked from Amber's vanity where she was putting on lip-gloss.

"What is that?"

Nina turned to look where Camilla was pointing her eyes widening as she realised the same thing as Camilla. Her dream wasn't a dream at all.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Fabian Rutter was hopeless in the way of love, not from his own doing he just was too nice a person to really know how to be assertive around girls. Which was why Camilla was happy the Gods had all but given him Nina, his perfect match in her personal opinion. Once the two got together she thought it be plain sailing for them – until you know the pep talk into getting Fabian to propose but she didn't think that was going to be for a while.

So, as she and Nina raced down the stairs to inform Fabian of their discovery, she didn't think much of it. She'd hang back after and allow the couple to have a little me time and walk over with one of her boys.

"It wasn't a dream!" Camilla informed her brother as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Look!" Nina added as Fabian turned to them, opening her bag to show him the cup. "it was under my bed!"

"Maybe you were sleepwalking," Fabian whispered to her.

"Oh, come on Fabian, in this house? After last year?" Camilla scoffed at him.

"Sleepwalking?" Nina asked in a disbelief tone nodding her head with Camilla. That seemed like the least likely answer considering everything they knew.