Chapter 27

Clarice Blade^

"I'm so sorry I brought you into this," I say to Albus as I cover my face with my shaking hands, I just realized our wands are gone making me even more anxious. What are we going to do?

"It's okay Serena, I'd rather be here with you than to leave you alone," He says hugging me tightly as I then return it and shove my face into his neck. His smell is so comforting that I have to take a few lung fulls before I can calm down and the shaking stops.

"Thanks, but how are we going to get out of here?" I ask lifting my head and looking around the cell to see the metal door and the small window at the top of the furthest wall.

"Maybe we can try to break these chains," Albus suggests as he pulls away from me and starts shaking the chains. "Cause I certainly don't want to die here."

"Do you think the others are searching for us?" I ask as I try to help him with the chains, we try to pry them open but either they are too strong or we are just too weak, though it's probably the earlier.

"Of course they are, Scorp will probably go to my dad and they'll probably come with the other Aurors," Albus assures me and I nod my head agreeing that they will do that.

"What if they don't get here in time though?" I respond worried what if he gets hurt or dies, it would be all my fault. Why won't they just let him go he isn't a part of this?

"Everything is going to be okay," Albus reassures me as he reaches over and picks up a rock and starts hitting the chain with it trying to break it. We continue to try and open them for what we presume to be hours. Soon it is dark outside the window and we huddle together as it is cold in the cell.

"I'm scared," I respond as I move closer to him though we are already too close so I'm basically on top of him.

"I know," He responds and though he won't say it I know he is as well. I mean we are in a life or death situation who wouldn't be scared. "I'm here for you, I'll always be here."

"Thank you," I mumble tiredly as I fall asleep and the nightmare returns.

I'm standing in a dark field, the fog is so dense I can't make out anything less than a foot away from my face. I look up at the sky as it is empty, no moon and no stars. What's happening? "Hello?" I call out hearing my voice echo around me.

Whispers fill the air and I can't quite make out what they are saying so I begin to walk in a random direction hoping to find someone.

"Run!" A very real sounding males voice yells out echoing so it seems as if it comes from every direction. All of a sudden a shadow flys past me knocking me to the ground. I look around to see what hit me but only see the fog.

When I try to stand up something pushes me from behind and I hear laughter. I look to see shadows moving throughout the fog and as they get closer large black shadows appear on the ground and begin to circle me.

Then the voices begin to clear up and I can finally hear what they are saying, "Something is coming!" They keep repeating it like they are being forced to and soon their voices become louder and louder. To the point they are screaming in my ears so I curl up in a ball and rock back and forth trying to keep them out of my head.

I scream as I sit up breathing heavily as sweat drip down my face. I guess now I know it was the necklace that kept the dreams away. Albus jump starts awake and looks at me frantically. He grasps my face and looks at me worried. "Are you okay?" Albus says still breathing from the jumpstart.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I woke you, it was just a nightmare," I sigh looking down at my lap as I regain my breath and can breathe evenly.

"It's alright," He says pulling me into a hug and since we are awake we try to break out of the room again. Then out of the blue he asks me a question. "Do you possibly know why you father gave you the necklace? Why he thought you were powerful or something?"

"Not at all, I didn't know about magic let alone that my dad wasn't my dad," I sigh rubbing my sore arm from trying to break the chains. "This would be so much easier if we had our wands. We could do a simple Alohomora." I say waving my hand while pointing at the lock as if I had my wand. Then almost instantly the lock opens and we are released.

"What?" We both day shocked as we just stare at the now open lock. I stand up and step away to see if it was real and to was and we ran to the door shaking it when we heard fast approaching footsteps heading towards up and we take a few steps back scared.

The door slams open and Clarice is there with three other Death Eaters glaring at us. She quickly waves her wand and we are sent flying into opposite walls. I hit my head again but I try not to focus on it's she approaches Albus.

"You know we were going to kill you to get revenge on your father and I'm not sure how you got out up in sure it'll hurt a lot more if we kill your little boyfriend first," Clarice cackles enjoying all of this way too much but I mean she is a mass murderer. She lifts her wand and points it at Albus as he is looking at her with a haze in his eyes. "Avada-"

She begins the unforgivable curse and I can't think of anything else to do so I scream, "No!" It happened so fast I'm not entirely sure what happened. Clarice when flying into the wall as well as the others and they seemed to be out cold. I run over to Albus and grab his hands to help him stand and the haze disappears in seconds. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, are you?" He asks feeling the top of my head for a bump and I wince when he touches it. We jump when Clarice moves slightly. "What happened?"

"I don't know but we need to get out of here and find our wands," I say grabbing his wand and making a run for it out of the cell.