Chapter 17

Serena's mom, Julia^

"I'm going to miss you so much!" I give Alice a big hug as Albus, Scorpius, and I are about to get on the train to head back to the station. I have Penelope with me ready to head back home, I wonder how mom and dad will react to having another cat.

"It's only two weeks I think you'll survive," Alice says chuckling as she responds to the hug and squeezing me very hard.

"I wish you could come on the train with us," I respond pouting as I pulled out of the hug so that she could see my sad face.

"Hey, I'll be leaving with my dad, who knows when that'll be, and we'll probably floo home," Alice says smiling brightly as I just sigh and smile back at her happy to have her as my friend.

"Okay, see you in two weeks," I respond and she nods her head and waves as we climb onto the train and disappear from her view. We then find an empty compartment I set down Penelope's carrier and sit down with a sigh. "You know the last time I was on this train I was terrified."

"I mean I would be too if I had no clue as to what was going on," Albus says chuckling as he nodded his head. "So, What are you doing for Christmas?"

"Oh, we are having a large family reunion and I am so excited to see everyone because it's been a few years since the last reunion," I say smiling widely as I look at him happily to which he smiles back. "What about you guys?"

"Yeah my family is having a Christmas party at the Burrow. We even invited his family," Albus says elbowing Scorpius who whines about being in pain. "I'm excited to see how my dad and Mr. Malfoy get along."

"You know how I feel about you calling him that, just call him Draco," Scorpius says rolling his eyes. For the rest of the train we just talk about small things and how we think Albus's dad will react to being in the same house with Scorpius's dad. From the stories I've heard I bet they will fight quite a lot and I can't wait to hear the stories when we get back to school.

When the train eventually came to a stop I started to get really nervous because it's been so long since I've been in the muggle world. We stepped of the train and when we got our bags Albus and I headed over to his family. Scorpius headed a little ways down to meet his Father.

"Hello Harry," I say smiling at him happily which he then quickly returns it.

"Well, hello Serena it's good to see you again," He says giving me a small side hug to which he then turns to the red headed woman next to him. "This is my wife, Ginny, Ginny this is or son's friend Serena."

"Well, hello dear," She says politely and reaches her hand out to shake my head, which I do.

I smile at her then turn to the clock on the wall and gasp. "Oh no, I need to hurry and get to the platform before my mother starts to worry," I say heading to the same wall I had walked through last time and felt around to know it was the right spot. My hand went through and I smiled, I turned to Albus who stood next to me and smiled. "Merry Christmas Al," I say giving him a hug that he returns.

"Merry Christmas Serena," Albus says pulling away and pushing me through the wall knowing that I would be frightened of going back through.

I quickly appeared on the other side to see muggles walking around normally having not seen me walk through. I head down the platform and see other girls and boys getting off the train so I knew I was on time.

"Serena!" I hear my mother's voice calls and I smile as I head over to her and give her a big hug. "How was your trip?"

"It was as good as a train ride could be," I respond making her smile then she looks down at the carries a bit confused. "Oh mom, this is Penelope I found her wandering the streets and took her in." A stupid lie but it's all I got.

"The school lets you have animals," She asks skeptically to which I nod my head and she sighs smiling. "Well, I guess it's okay then just make sure to take care of her. She then wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me out to the car where Nala and dad are waiting.

"Dad! Nala!" I say happy to see them both again.

I run forward and give them both a ginormous hug to which Nala starts complaining about not being able to breath and we pull away. We quickly loaded my bag and climbed I climb into the car, being careful not to shake Penelope too much, and head home. "What was it like? I mean I know we got your letters but I want to hear about it in person," Dad says smiling at me through the rear view mirror. "Also what's up with the cat?"

"Well, it was beautiful and there are a lot of nice people there. I had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back! Also this is Penelope, she was a stray I took in," I respond enthusiastically because it's true I love Hogwarts very much, it's magical.

"Going back to school, bleh," Nala says grossed out while sticking her tongue out in disgust. Then she looks at the cat and her face morphs into one of endearment. "She's so cute!"

"What's your favorite class?" My Mother asks changing the subject and I have to be careful I guess to not speak of magic when explaining things.

"History, I guess," I answer out loud but really I mean History of Magic because it's all so new and exciting. I'm learning stories I've never heard of before that happen during events I have heard of. It's so cool!

I continue to be asked questions like if I've made any really close friends so I tell her about Alice. Though I'm a bit sad I can't tell her about Albus cause dad's get mad and I was supposed to be at an all girls school.

"Okay girls, I want you to get packed up and make sure you have everything because we are leaving in the morning to head to your grandmother's house," Dad remarks as we pull into our driveway. Oh how I've missed our house, it was quite large thanks to dad's job but we made it homie.

I head up to my room and see that everything was as I had left it. I let Penelope out to roam and flop on my bed happy to be back but I almost instantly jolt up remembering that I have to pack. I spend the next few hours shoving everything into my bag. I debate about bringing my wand but even if I can't use it I feel safer to have it on me than anything. Maybe my magic will switch back on like that day a while ago, that was such a cool but yet painful day.