Chapter 16

Lucy^

I yawn as I lay my head on the table. "What's wrong, Ser?" Alice asks from across the table and the only thing I can do is groan making her laugh. "Come on Ser eat something."

"But I just want to go back to sleep!" I groan as I lift my head and look at her with, I don't doubt, large bags under my eyes. "I was up late searching around the castle because Penelope got out somehow and I worried."

"Oh goodness, I'm sorry maybe we can search for her like we did my shoe when the Nargles stole my shoe!" Alice suggests smiling at me brightly scaring me a little bit. I mean what if those creatures stole my cat, I'm a bit scared they may eat her.

"Yeah, I'll also ask Scorp and Al if they'll help and we can go in groups," I say smiling at her but still worried. I look over wanting to get their attention but they are talking to other Slytherins and I don't want to interrupt so I'll just catch them on the way out.

As they were about to walk off, probably to their first class, I grab their robes and pull them to the side. "What's up, Ser?" Scorpius asks as they both look at me quizzically.

"Okay, so later today will you guys help me look for Penelope? She got out last night and I'm really worried because at that moment she had been in her cage and I'm not sure how she got out."

"Oh course we'll help you but first we got to get to class," Albus says smiling at me with support and that eased my nerves a bit.

Through out all my classes I was anxious and though I couldn't really focus on them much I made sure to pay attention to anything I may need to remember. When my last class was finally over I almost ran to meet up with the others and get this search started.

"Okay, so how are we going to do this," Albus asked looking between all of us wondering.

"I thought maybe we could go in pairs because it's safer than being alone," I say looking into Albus's eyes because he was there when I found Alice's shoe.

"Yeah I think that would be a good idea," Albus says nodding his head in approval. "So, who's with who?"

"I'll go with my buddy Alice here while you go with Ser. We will then meet back here at midnight," Scorpius says confident that we'll find her in this time frame but I'm a bit skeptical but I'll have hope.

"Okay see you guys," I respond waving as we headed inseparate directions, us going up the stairs and them going down. "Where should we start."

"Okay, so while we are out here we need to be careful of Mr. Filch and Mrs. Norris," Albus says quietly making me confused.

"Are they like together or something?" I ask as we continue to walk and look for Penelope.

"No, Mrs. Norris is his cat," Albus says making me laugh because that is a strange name for a cat but I've heard worse.

"Oh okay," I say nodding my head as we then fall into silence. I'm looking carefully but we only have the light of the few torches in the hall because if Albus uses Lumos it'll draw attention. Then all of a sudden I hear a meow and look around to see a small movement as know it's a cat. I slowly walk towards the cat as it looked a bit frantic but I picked it up and it relaxed. I turn around to look at Albus he was frozen looking at the cat. "That's wrong?"

"That's Mrs. Norris, how are you picking her up she doesn't like anyone but Filch?" He asks to which I just shrug as I pet her and she purrs.

"I don't think we have to worry about her," I say smiling as I set her back on the ground and she brushes up against my legs and then walks off down the hall without a peep. "Okay, let's keep going."

"Where do think Penelope is?" Albus asked as we walk down the halls heading up more stairs.

"I have absolutely no idea and that scares me," I say as we walk but then I abruptly stop and stare at a door at the end of a little hall. It's a bit strange because it's like a dark brown color but has a bunch of carvings on it making it look important "What's that?"

"What?" Albus says confused then looks at the door strangely as we walk towards it cautiously and as we get closed I see a strange carving of a skull and a snake on it or in it, I can't really tell.

"Let's go inside," I say abruptly as I push open the surprisingly not locked door and walk inside.

"I really don't think this is a very good idea," Albus says as he follows me inside and he then he casts Lumos.

I look around to see that it is a very small room and most of it is made up of book shelves full of books. "Wow," I gasp walking up and pulling a random book off the shelves. "The reasons behind the Death Eaters."

I put it back and then started picking random books and reading the names out loud, "Why not to be a Death Eater" "Where to go to be a Death Eater" "Death Eaters." That one I opened and it just has what I believe all the names of people who are or were Death Eaters. I think black is the regular Death Eater who is alive now and because there are a lot of names in red, I think those are the ones who are dead. I quickly flip through as Revis enters my mind and find his name but it's blue. "What do you think blue means?" I ask Albus since he has been looking over my shoulder.

"No sure, maybe it means missing or something," Albus says just shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah that makes since?" I respond as I set the book back and grab one more. "Secret Treasures the Death Eaters have collected, huh? Maybe this can give me an idea of what Revis could have gotten if he only went in to steal something. Okay I think we can go."

"Thank you, this place is creepy," Albus says as they headed out of the room and when they got back to the meeting spot Scorpius was standing there with Penelope in his arms. As I quickly approached she jumped out of his arms and into mine.

"How in the world did you find her?" I ask as I continually kiss the top of her head happy to have her back because Christmas break is coming up soon.

"She was in the dungeons and was locked in a closet. We only found her cause she was meowing so loudly," Scorpius chuckles a bit as he reaches forward and pets her head.

I than yawn loudly and suggest we head off to our dorms to get some sleep because we still have classes tomorrow. "I'm glad we found you," I whisper to Penelope to then receive a purr in response.