Singing in the Rain

ZACH'S POV

I sigh as I sit down in the window staring out into the rain. The rain usually made me happy but today it just made me upset. I don't know why it just did. I look down at the scratch on my arm from last night. I don't remember much but I do remember Corbyn and Daniel dragging us back home, and them yelling at us to shut the hell up the entire way back. I chuckle at the thought and look back into the house. Jack comes down the stairs yawning and rubbing his eyes. I smile at him.
"Well good morning sleepy head." He smiles and comes over. He sits down next to me in the window and kisses my forehead.
"Where's the rest of the guys?" He asks.
"They went out to get groceries." I say looking back out the window.
"Why didn't you go with them?" He asks. I feel him look at me but I don't look up.
" I told them I was to hungover, plus I didn't want you to be alone in the house." I say looking up. He smiles but I don't.
"What's wrong?" He asks frowning.
"I don't know I guess I just want to play in the rain."
He smirks and takes my hand dragging me off the window.
"Jack what are you-"
"We are going.....to play.......in the rain. Dun dun duuuun." He yells the last part for dramatic affect. I chuckle and smile.
"There's that beautiful smile." He says gripping my chin. I just smile and grunt at him. He drags me up to the room and throws his hoodie at me. It hits my face and I grab it quickly sliding it on. I look up at him. He has a smirk on his face which makes me smirk. I throw on a pair of old sneakers and follow jack downstairs. He opens the front door and I look out at the rain that's pouring down.
" You first." Jack says motioning me out the door. I put my hood up and walk out the door. I look back at Jack closing the door. He puts his hood up and grabs my hand. We walk across the street to the little patch of woods.
(They aren't in the city city but they are close enough to like walk.)
I drag jack through the woods until we reach a large tree with a bunch of branches. Jack notices me staring.
"Do you want to climb it?"
I look over at him and smile.
"Hell yeah."
He drags me torward the tree and starts climbing up. I grab a branch and start climbing up. The rain pounding down harder as we get higher and higher. We finally reach the top and Jack sits down on a big branch, I sit down next to him and we watch the rain fall in a comfortable silence. I lay my head on his shoulder and look up at him. He looks down at the ground.
"Do you wanna get down we're pretty high up." I look down too and he was right. I could hardly even see the ground with the rain being as heavy as it was. I look back up at him.
"Last one down has to explain to the boys what we were doing while they were gone." I say. He smirks.
"You're on."
We start racing down trying not to fall. I grab branch after branch until I see the ground. I jump and land on my feet. I look up to still see Jack climbing down.
"Yes I win." I yell doing a victory dance. He looks down and smiles. He jumps and lands coming over and hugging me. We walked back down the path and to the house sitting on the steps out front. I lay my head on his shoulder and he looks up. He starts humming something.
"What are you humming?" I ask.  He looks down blushing.
"I didn't think you could hear that."
"I HEAR ALL THINGS." I yell over the rain making him laugh.
"No you don't."
"Yeaaaah you're riight. Anywho what were you humming?"
"A song." He says looking back up.
"Well obviously I'm 17 not an idiot what song were you humming?" He stands up and puts out his hand. I take it from him and he pulls me up. I lay my head on his chest and he continues to sing.
"God gave me you for the ups and down.
God gave me you for the days of doubts.
For when I think I've lost my way,  there are more words here left to say. God gave me you"
He spins me around making my feet slip. He catches me and our lips connect. I feel those same fireworks I feel everytime we kiss. The butterflies in my stomach are dancing.
"Aaaaawwww."
We break apart to see the boys standing in the driveway staring at us. I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. I look up at Jack to see him also having a blush.
"You two are so cute." Jonah yells. 
"Yeah yeah we're cute." I say grabbing bags out of the trunk. Everyone else follows me into the kitchen.
"Sooo did you two have an interesting afternoon without us?" Corbyn asks. I look over at Jack and smile.
"You have no idea."

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is kinda a short chapter but the entire thing made me smile writing it. I've got some really cool plans though so just hang in there I promise the next one will be longer.