Grounded

"Zachy where were you?"

JACK'S POV 

We break apart to see princess Reese standing in the doorway. 

"Um I was right here." Zach says. He says nervously.

"Oh, ok. Then who's your new friend?" She asks and he looks over at me.

"Oh um he's not my friend." He says. My heart breaks into a million pieces. 

"Oh..Then Why is he in your room?"
Would you just go away already?!?!?
I think to myself I can see that Zach is hurt by the word he just said to.

"He works in the stables and I need to talk to him." He says

"Then why didn't you just go down to the stables?"

"Well then why are you still in my room?" She shrugs her shoulders and walks away continuing to suck on the lollipop she had. After that it was just awkward.

"Well I guess I should get going." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Erm.. I guess so." He says. I put Isla's ring in my pocket and step out the window. Before I step down I look at him.

"I'll see you tonight?" I ask

"Definitely ."  I chuckle and climb down the ladder and make my way home.

ZACH'S POV.

I walk downstairs in a happy mood. My smile instantly fades when I hear my dad yelling.

"ZACHARY DEAN HERRON WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" He screams in my ear.

"Hiding in my closet." I say hoping that will have him convinced.

"FOR 5 HOURS?!?!"

"ITS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I CAN THINK IN THIS DAMN CASTLE." I scream back at him. I've only know Jack for a couple of days but his personality is already rubbing off on me. I feel confident and powerful. I love it so much.

"EXSCUSE ME?!?!" He screams.

"DID I FUCKING STUTTER?"
A vein is popping out of his forehead. He grabs my ear harshly and a wave of pain washes over my head. He drags me up to my room and throws me on the floor. My nose hits the floor. I  put my hand up and feel blood.

"YOU ARE HEREBY GROUNDED UNTIL YOUR WEDDING DAY. YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM SEEING AMBER AND ALL YOUR MEALS AND MEETINGS WILL COME TO YOU!!" He screams and slams my door shut I hear it lock from the outside.

"GOOD FUCKING TAKE HER I HATE HER ANYWAY." I yell through the door. I huff and stomp over to the bathroom to grab a towel. I look in the mirror. My nose was bleeding down my face and onto my clothes. I grab the towel, wet it and put it on my face.  I kick off my shoes and throw myself on the bed. I close my eyes and try to calm down. Once I finally calm down  I hear a knock on my window. Thinking it was Jack I just yell for him to come in. To my surprise it wasn't Jack, it was Ava. She was crying. Her cheeks were all stained with her tears and her eyes were bloodshot. I rush over to comfort her as she cries.

"Ava what happened are you ok?" She tries to steady her breathing but it takes a little bit. She calms down.

"J-jonah he got really mad at Jack a-and hit him with his baseball bat. But before he went unconscious he t-t-told me to come to the castle and climb the ladder to your w-window." She studders. 

"What?!?! How did you get in?" I ask.

"T-through the servers entrance." She says pointing to her right.

"C'mon take me home right now." I tell her. She gets up and we leave out the window.

We rush through the town passing by citizen after citizen but I didn't care.

"Prince Zach!" They said. I ignored them and kept going.

Me and Ava burst into the house. The first thing I see is an unconscious Jack on the floor. Isla is on top of him crying. I rush over to them and start to take control. I kneel next to him and start to examine his body. He has bruises all over his stomach and chest but I don't see any blood which is usually a good sign.

"Ava go get water for when he wakes up, Isla go get a blanket, he's cold." I say and the girls hurry away. I put my head up to his chest and cry a little. His heart was stopped. I start doing CPR. I was forced to learn it when I turned thirteen. After a few minutes of me doing CPR his chest heaves and he coughs. He starts breathing again and he instantly covers himself signaling that he's cold. Isla gives me the blanket and Ava starts a fire. She runs into the kitchen to make tea. I scooch Jack over so that he's in front of the fire and cuddle him. Ava comes back and hands Jack the tea. He takes it and sips it slowly.  He outs his his head on my shoulder and I lay my head on his. He sighs after a few minutes.

"Thanks for saving my life." He says.

"Why wouldn't I? Your my only friend." I say without thinking.

"I'm your only friend?" He asks.

"Well yeah. I wasn't allowed to leave the palace until I was thirteen and by that time everyone recognized me so I couldn't go out without the paparazzi." I wrap the blanket tighter around him.

"What was it like being 13 and famous?" He asks.

"It was terrible. I was never really a child. I never played outside or any sports I just kind of had to be perfect all the time." He looks up at me and I look into his eyes.

"Zach can I offer you something?" He asks.

"What is it?"

"I want you to stay here for the week and give you the childhood you never got before you have to grow up for good." I have to think for a second before I answer him.

"I would love that Jack." He smiles and looks down at my shirt.

"Oh my god Zach what happend?"  He says caressing my chest.

"Oh um I talked back to my dad and he threw me in my room and grounded me. My um nose hit the floor and started bleeding. It's nothing bad though." His eyes widen.

"Your grounded?"

"Yup. But i'd rather be here with you and the girls than stuck in my room for a week."
He chuckles. "Do you want to take a shower? I'll be fine right here by myself for a few minutes."

"Are you sure, cause I don't have any clothes a-and I don't know where your bathroom is."

"Ava can show you where the bathroom is and you can borrow some of my pajamas for the night. We can go back to the castle tomorrow and get some of your clothes." He smiles and I kiss his forehead.

"Thanks." I see him blush underneath of me and I stand up. "Try to warm up I'll be right back." I say and walk into the kitchen where Ava and Isla are sitting at the table drinking a cup of tea. They look up at me.

"Is he ok?" They ask.

"He's fine he just needs to warm up a little bit more." They let out sighs of relief. Isla looks up at my shirt.

"Oh my gosh Zach what happend?" She asks.

"I'll tell you later but Jack told me to take a shower could one of you show me where it is?" Isla takes my hand and drags me upstairs and to the back of the hallway. "It's right there." She says pointing to the door on her left.

"Thanks." I open the door and Isla runs back down the hallway. I turn on the water and let the warm water hit my back. I let out a sigh and smile. I can't wait for this week.