CHAPTER NINETEEN

aurora
where it has been nine months

"i can't wait until you pop already." cora informs as i sit with a glare now, my hands placed on the large bump from my abdomen. everyone had caused me to be on edge with vexation as i, too, wanted to get her out already.

cora had raised her hands in surrender as my face softens when i can feel the sensation of her kicks starting. "sorry i know you're in a pissy mood but i just want to see my niece. so get the fuck out gia." she speaks to the fetus now as i shake my head with a smile growing before sucking my teeth now.

"watch the mouth, because grayson is two now he's been getting real good at repeating words." i whisper when the little boy runs in on cue along with cora's daughter as they laugh in hysterics. my husband running along with a small mask on and a loud roar when scooping the two up into his arms. he throws them onto the cushion of the couch in seconds as they still giggle as i watch in awe.

"and that's the end of the adventure." he concludes when taking a seat beside me. his lips going to the side of my head when placing a kiss. the children now begin in a queue of whines as grayson sits up when staring between the two of us.

"but daddy, we never got the treasure." he informs as elias frowns nodding. his lips exhaling a sigh as he is aware of this factor.

"yeah i know mijo, but sometimes we don't always get the treasure after a big adventure." he teaches before cora on the other couch has sucked her teeth.

"they're both two, jenny is about to three. don't give that bs lesson yet. come on, i think i have some candy in my purse." she states as they cheer when elias glares playfully now as cora smirks with pride as she was labeled the best aunt in the word once more by our son. either way it had let elias and i in some moments of peace as he sighs.

"so how are you feeling?"

"my water broke like half an hour ago but i'm too lazy to get up and the kids were having so much fun with you. so i guess i'm fine." i explain as he stands within seconds as his eyes widen when he stares at me and everything else around him in terror.

"what the fuck? doesn't it hurt, why haven't you said anything?" he gets out frantically as i roll my eyes now. i groan in the process as cora begins to walk back in with the little children following behind with lollipops stuck in their mouths.

"one, i've done this two times. a third time and you become a pro. two, again, i said i was too lazy." i state as he scoffs now when cora looses the faint smile on her lips.

"what's wrong now?"

"aurora's in labor and has been for the past half an hour." elias tells as my best friend suddenly widens her eyes as well when beginning her mode of freak out as she runs fingers through her hair.

"what the fuck!" she screams as grayson gasps from sitting on the floor.

"aunt cora has to put another dollar in the swear jar." he states as she does not pay mind to that when pulling me up along with elias.

"what about the kids?" i question with sadness as i didn't want to leave just yet when i saw the looks on their face.

"you know the drill. cora drops them off at your dad's and he'll meet us there with them after you give birth." elias explains as i sigh as we rush out the door and i find my son before leaving. i place a kiss to the top of his head as i stare for a moment with a faint smile.

"i love you baby boy." i whisper as he nods along, his small hands cup my face as gazes back.

"love you too, momma."

                                      +

this what caused pure fear to always be caught within my veins. it had happened with grayson as well and for that reason i knew it would happen with this baby as well. that i would always have the sounds and images of what my freya has gone through. those memories had left a permanent scar on my heart and so when i laid in the hospital bed with elias's hand in my own i was possessed with trepidation. "i feel like i can't breath." i cry as elias nods.

his thumb running circles over the back of palm as his eyes stayed glued to mine. he places a kiss to my forehead before speaking. "i know, amor. but i promise it's all going to be okay, she's going to be in your arms in no time." he informs as his fingertips catch some tears in the process of my whimpers.

"and what if she's not? what if it happens all over again?" the thought had clouded my mind but when that man who gaped at me with this determination that was mixed with love, i felt my anxiety dwindle.

"it won't, aurora. not this time because i promise i will have her with you." and i knew once i had heard those words it had brought me back to grayson. the way the last time i had saw him was the nine months ago, that the man had moved back to california in the mean time with the longing for the permanent sun. his little girl growing and the happiness he had embraced within him along with his wife. that i had these thoughts of him on my mind even more with the realization of getting my girl to finally be held within the warmth of my arms.

that i had wished it was freya that had experienced that first. and for some odd reason that this time i had believed with every bone in my body that she would be the one. that i would have my daughter grow right before my eyes. and i had known this once the pushes soon dwindled away and the urges from the doctor that i was almost done had faded.

that the one thing i was focused on was the sound of her cries. the feeling of her quaint body against my own. so elias could let little tears fall when his eyes had met with a little girl. i had dreamt it, kept my mind on it all.

then all at once, it did. because when i had my girl in my arms everything in that moment had stopped and only silence had accompanied me. with her small hand clutching my fingertip as i stared with pure admiration for my daughter.

"you're all i've ever wanted."

+

short chapter but i wanted to keep it that way to focus on aurora finally getting her daughter. it made me emotional because i'm so happy for, especially after all she went through for it. but i can't believe this is basically the last chapter and i know there is still an epilogue which i plan on making very long for you guys but i just can't believe it.

this was my first ever fanfic that i had of course added a sequel to but it just gets me sentimental with these being my first characters i ever put to life. and it's grown so much and i've gotten so far and it's all because of you guys. i remember having literally ten reads and being SO happy and i just can't thank you guys enough for letting me love writing again. to let me share my crazy ideas and stories and that you happen to love.

you don't understand how much you guys mean to me. i love you so much and thank for you ride so far. can't wait for you guys to read the end.

anyways enough for with the mushy stuff. comment what you thought about this chapter! and be on the look out for the epilogue : )

finished by: august 12th
word count: 1,378 words