CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

aurora
               where the past is in the past

i know as soon as his lips had molded against mine that guilt and reality had set in which had caused my hands to push him back. my eyes still shut when i shake my head in a way to signify this is wrong. "grayson." i get out when i now stare at the man who nods already. his hands seeming a little shaky as the man holds dejection in his eyes.

"i know, i don't know what i was thinking. i just- i'm sorry, aurora." he tells me as i take a soft breath. the actions of our kissing had probably lasted a few seconds but the sensation of it was familiar, filled with the warmth of our memories. but elias had come to mind and for that reason it had caused the instant reaction of pushing away.

"i know, it's alright. i get it, there was a moment but grayson." i start when placing a hand over his, there still is this secluded sadness in his actions. however i knew better that it was evident when he tried to hide it. "i will always love you but i can never do it again." i whisper which causes the man to nod. his eyes now away from my own when i stand now. my hands wiping the grass from my exposed skin.

"i have to go now, elias is home by now and he's probably tired too so i got to take care of grayson." he does not say much more as he continues his nodding. it admittedly leaves a pain in my heart that he seemed so affected by the reality of our life however i knew i wasn't just some young girl anymore who could let that happen. to play along and kiss him longer because i had responsibilities. "i'll see you around, grayson. please don't be a stranger."

                                      +

"what's with the long face, amor?" elias brings up now, my movements still going around the living room when scavenging for the toys my son had left behind. his words had snapped me back into the present as i take a soft breath, pasting a smile to my lips.

"there's no long face." i state as my husband snorts when stopping me from walking back and forth when putting away the items in my hands. his palms cupping my face when he kisses my forehead.

"yes there is. you know i wish you weren't always so strong minded so you could just admit when you're upset." he tells me when i roll my eyes. my grin growing as i let my lips place a kiss to his.

"it's more of just a whole life thing. i'm just stressed out and have a lot of things on my mind, you know how i get." i say when he nods as he pecks different parts of my skin. elias used his thumb to caress my cheek.

"yeah i do. but you know what can help, right?" he wiggles his eyebrows letting me scoff playfully now when i sigh deeply.

"oh yeah what is that?" i ask just as tauntingly as elias moves in, he kisses right under my ear. even nibbles at a spot before moving right by the body part.

"some face masks." he whispers causing me to burst into fits of laughter as he furrows his brows with his lips trying to fight back the smile he has. "what's so funny?"

"i just expected something else from you but i'm very down for some face masks." i remark as he shrugs his shoulders when pulling me into a hug now. his arms snaking around my waist as i take a breath of relief from the feeling him holding me.

"we could also do the thing you had expected." he teases as i chuckle quietly when pulling apart.

"yeah let's do it with the face masks on." i comment as i walk away now as his hand slaps against my bottom when i move away. it lets me jump a little as i laugh.

"that's a little scary but whatever gets you going mama."

                                     +