CHAPTER FOUR

aurora
where there could be friendship

there seemed to be friendship within the most the most odd moments in time. and perhaps that was just with my experience however it felt as if it had always happened when i examine the distinctive relationships of my past.

for example, starting off with vivian page. a girl i met in kindergarten once she had found a caterpillar at the playground and accidentally stepped on which caused me to cry out murderer. i really do not know how we became close after that moment yet of course, it was odd. even after we had a funeral in the girl's bathroom as we flushed it down the toilet and sang the abc's for it.

then madeline rose who vivian and i had met in the third grade after she moved into town and told the both of us her parents were on the run to find the bikini bottom in spongebob. when really they both got a new job and moved to new jersey. either way we were still intrigued by the odd imagination.

i could go on and on however at this time i had come to realize it more once grayson chucked another blueberry to land in my mouth and let both of us go into fits of cheers. "finally, you got one!" he says giddily when he puts up a hand for me to high five him on my accomplishment. i consist of a smile and i still let it linger when cora walks into the dorm room with her toiletries from just showering.

"you won't believe this shit." cora speaks up when taking a deep breath. she shuts the door and walks over the two of us who sits on the girl's bed. cora finds herself climbing on top of grayson's lap to then have his arms wrap around her waist as she places her hands over his. "some girl in the showers just had the nerve to say out loud that she's never watched drake and josh as a kid. like are you fucking kidding me? i have never felt so bad and so angry at person before." she concludes when sticking a couple of blueberries in her mouth when she finishes her statement.

it lets me smile in response as i still munch on the fruit in front of me. at the moment, it had been three weeks since the bonfire and summer vacation was on cue to happen when classes were finished and the sun brought more heat to new jersey. cora, grayson, and i were hanging out yet it seemed to be me being a third wheel as grayson just showed up. yet i did not have a problem with it when suddenly the hostile relationship was becoming to be a positive one.

the man in front of me now consisting of his nostalgic brown hair and brightened eyes when he grins. his chin rests on cora's shoulder as he reaches for blueberries as well. "we should do something." cora suggests when i groan as i let my head fall back at the thought of me going out to do anything else today beside get another tattoo.

"i don't want to." i answer and cora scoffs.

"of course you don't." she states and i shrug my shoulders when she says this.

"it's not even that. i have a tattoo appointment with romeo today so i don't really want to do anything else beside-"

"wait you get your tattoos done by romeo?" grayson interrupts suddenly when i furrow my brows as i nod softly.

"yeah, why?"

"i do too! holy shit, small world."

"yeah, i guess so." i answer back with a faint grin as i take a breath of air before speaking up again. "but either way, i'm getting a new a tat, today. so you and grayson do something nice." i inform and cora frowns.

"can't you just reschedule tomorrow?" she asks and i shake my head when popping another blueberry into my mouth.

"no i did that last time and then the time after that and the time after that. it's been a month and i want a new one. not canceling this time."  i say when she pouts more now as she sighs deeply.