CHAPTER NINE

aurora
               where the girl procrastinates

the beach was where grayson had taken me. the shore being filled with individuals with the urge of enjoying the sunny day. which was ideal due to it being hot and honestly the perfect weather for a beach day.

the jersey shore had always made me happy as it was my favorite thing growing up and still could be now that i am older. however either way i thought that this get together would be great to get my mind off of a certain factor in my life. by this i mean the pregnancy tests that was sat inside the top draw of my dresser, just taunting and waiting for me every time i have passed it.

i didn't intend on being so keen on trying it out which is why i had been putting it off. although the thought of me finally knowing what the outcome would be did sound nice. especially with the pep talk i had my abdomen this morning before i had met up with grayson. "hey, listen to me. if you're actually a little fetus in me then i would like you to know that this is very inconvenient. i'm not some kylie jenner bitch that can have a kid at this age because i'm not a billionaire."

"so you better behave yourself today and stop making me nauseous in front of everyone, got it?"

"i know i definitely don't like you right now but who the fuck are you talking to?" this question comes cora who now sits up from her bed with furrowed brows as her eyes shift between my face and my stomach. it makes my heart drop when i clear my throat and stand up straight.

"no one, just myself. sorry for being loud." cora only widens her eyes when she looks away to seem as if i was loosing it which seemed very fair judging by the fact that i was speaking to my stomach with a harsh tone of voice. now that i'm thinking about it i feel bad i spoke to it like that.

"okay whatever. carry on and leave. i'm tired." with these last words from cora i do oblige as i took my things and left. which is how grayson and i had ended up here on beach towels with the sun shining embracing me in its warmth.

"so how's you and cora?"

"really bad subject to bring up, gray." i answer making him chuckle as i move to my side and use my hand to support my head when i lean on it. grayson lays on his stomach right next to me with a grin and sunglasses on which fit his face very attractively. "no, but it's not good. still wants nothing to do with me which fucking sucks because she's my best friend." i state making him nod with a small frown as he understands and removes his glasses for me to see the color of his eyes.

"i'm really sorry, aurora." i sigh when shaking my head as i put my free hand hand over his in response to his words.

"stop apologizing gray. i just hope we can make up and be friends still. i think there's still some hope." i say still believing this as a factor of the situation as grayson nods agreeing then looks away and in front of us where the waves crash.

"let's go in the water." he suggests making me raise a brow as i glance over the ocean as well.

"right now? i don't feel like going in-"

"and you have no choice." grayson interrupts when suddenly standing up to only then pick me up and place me over his shoulders as he walks us down to the water. it makes me burst into laughs and small remarks of wanting to get put down. as well as knowing there must be so many eyes on us at the moment.

"grayson!" i shout once again as i suddenly emerged into the depths of the ocean. causing me to gasp from it's coldness and the feeling of the water. i hear grayson laughing as i pop back up for air and shove him playfully. "you're an asshole."