CHAPTER TEN

aurora
where there is results

"i'm pregnant." i state with tears already beginning to swell up within my eyes. within the walls of that restaurant restroom i had felt my world begin to break down, to betray me in the worst ways. i could feel my hands shaking more when i hold the item in my hand with its symbol being so prominently placed for me to see. "i'm pregnant, grayson." i say with his name falling from my lips with a tone of brokenness.

i know he could see the sadness in my eyes so well and for that he takes the test from my fingertips and into his own. his vision being caught on the results as well. i could feel myself falling apart when i cry into the way my hands cup my face. however when i realize his strong arms being wrapped around my waist i am finding myself to sob a little harder. "it's going to be okay, aurora. you know that, right?"

"i can absolutely promise you that everything is going to end up okay. i'm going to be here with you every step of the way. i promise." he says out loud when i still let tears trickle down the curves of my cheek and onto his chest. everything was beginning to drown me with all the possibilities and changes of carrying a baby, only to then birth one.

"i can't do this, grayson. i'm still a kid. how can we be parents? how could this happen so easily?" i cry when pulling apart from the boy in front of me with furrowed brows. however as i take a step back and rub hands through my hair in pure forms of anxiousness i have the urge to look down. to gaze at the way my stomach is below me and remove the piece of clothing that covers the skin.

to have my fingertips graze over the temporary flattened abdomen with the sudden chills of tranquility. to feel as if when i look at the child that had already began to grown within me had persuaded me to calm down. "i'm going to have a baby." i whisper when turning back around to grayson who nods softly and comes closer. his lips being pressed against my forehead and his hands finding their way over my own that was still placed on my stomach.

"we're going to figure it all out, aurora." when i gape into his eyes, i want to believe that he means it. that he is absolutely sure we would. however part of me still thought otherwise. that perhaps a life like this could work out.

however with the darkened thoughts of that not entirely being true, it had made me hopeless.

                                    +

going back to my dorm room with the well known fact of being actually pregnant had made me still stick to my stomach and actually quite alone. perhaps it had to do with me not being able to be comforted by the presence of my best friend without pure hatred from my situation. or that jaden and cory could come to the conclusion of not wanting to be around me anymore as well.

it was safe to say i had a fear that was eating me up inside and these thoughts in my mind had to do with past experiences. which at this moment i desired for them to just disappear because maybe it would have helped me confessed sooner. however as grayson left and i was trapped with the stream of doubts in my mind i somehow found myself walking to the boy's dormitory. my legs guiding me to the room of well known individuals and to have it answered by a familiar face.

his eyes showing forms of sleepiness and his hair being pushed in different directions as it lets me believe that he was in a state of relaxation. yet when the man's vision was faced with my figure and the mixed emotions being painted across my face, he furrows his brows. he seemed very muddled and i understood why as he takes a look back to the room behind him to then me. "jaden isn't here right now. he went with cory to-"

"i didn't want to see jaden, ethan. i came to see you or more like talk to you." i interrupt his stream of words as the man's slight features of confusion become stronger.