CHAPTER SEVEN

aurora
           where mistakes are already made

i felt drained of my personality when cora has decided on not speaking to me anymore. it had taken a toll on me and for the obvious reasons of it being horrid deja vu. the emotions that came along with loosing people you love. i knew it was much more of a problem when you actually loose them yet this was just as hurtful. especially when i've been sitting here thinking of every possible reason as to why this was definitely my fault.

yet at the moment where i laid at was a different atmosphere. this consisting of me sneakingly staying in jaden and ethan's room for the past two days. it was against the rules but that was highly overrated as of now due my emotions.

either way, i have not spoken much or seen others. or acted in a way that i usually do. it was all too much and primarily not what i had expected for this summer break. "you need to eat, aurora." jaden states softly when jumping onto his bed as well when laying beside me. he now has eye contact with my straight face and i can't help but want to look away because of it. yet i still find myself staring back when i shake my head.

"and i'm not hungry." i mumble causing him to roll his eyes as he shifts a little to get more comfortable. he rubs his eyes in what seems to be a response of his frustration but it does not effect me.

"you've barely eaten in the past two days. so that's some bullshit and a half." jaden remarks making me study his face for a moment before being able to turn over to where ethan sits up on his bed with a laptop in front of him where he types. i gaze at him and notice the way his hair is messy and he doesn't consist of a shirt but just basketball shorts and a pair of socks on. it almost seems like he just woke up and when i stare a little longer i come to the conclusion that he has.

"being stubborn is very much apart of being aurora. you get use it, jaden." ethan then says with a small smirk now when he shuts his laptop and looks over to me as i glare at him.

"and part of being ethan is being an asshole. i don't know if you can get use to that, though." i add now making ethan move to lay down and get comfortable in his bed before doing something between a scoff and a laugh. the boy in front still stares right at me when then scratching the area of stubble on his face as he then speaks up.

"and everyone knows that, sweetheart."

"i hate you."

"feeling is mutual."

"you guys are literally children." jaden interjects now from behind my back which lets ethan and i roll my eyes from the way he labels us. either way, i couldn't help but actually agree when knowing the format of our arguments between ethan and i. yet before i can comment on that there is a knock on the door which causes the man across from me to groan before pushing himself up to the door.

i notice that he makes sure not to open it fully when still trying to conceal the fact of me staying in the boy's dormitory. however that seems not to matter when a figure walks through with a small smile on his lips that soon fades away. the face that now gapes back at me belonging to grayson dolan. it makes my skin itch as i had no desire to even be in the same range of this boy.

which causes the sudden uprising of my body barging out that room, without any shoes or proper pants for that matter. just a big tlc t-shirt and socks with my shortened hair placed into a half up half down situation. i just had one motive on my mind and that was to get away from him.

"aurora, are you serious? you don't even have fucking shoes on." i know the voice belongs to grayson and that makes me walk faster into the courtyard of the campus with my desire of being long gone. "or even pants? like what the fuck." i hear him comment on when suddenly he had managed to catch up with me as he takes his hand to clutch onto my arm.