CHAPTER FOURTEEN

aurora
                      where dinner turns
          into a flashback of the past

i believe as soon as grayson had walked through the living room entrance the whole room went silent. their eyes fixated on the familiar man with a new life. "oh my god, you have a daughter!" cora squeaks when stepping over to grayson with a smile as she pulls him into a hug. then her hands going to the little girl's head.

she stares with awe before speaking up. "you're so beautiful, what's your name, love?"

"aurora." she says with a soft voice as cora seems to freeze in her spot before she looks over to me with widened eyes as i stare at her knowingly. however the silence is soon interrupted when carter speaks.

"hi, i'm carter, grayson's wife." she says with a small smile as she reaches out a hand for cora to shake however that girl engulfs her into a hug.

"oh i heard about you. your husband just decided to leave your daughter out of the story. but i'm cora, and over there that's my daughter jenny." cora explains as she grins with different forms of happiness. it lets me smile as i hoped that would be of a substitute to my actual feelings of nervousness.

"well everyone knows grayson but this is carter, his wife and his daughter aurora." i say one last time to make sure everyone was well acquainted before i had clapped my hands together so we could be ready to sit at the table and eat. it was when i was in the kitchen with cora and carter that grayson had walked in along with my own husband.

my eyes drifted over to their meeting as they shook hands and i heard their soft words. "i'm
elias, aurora's husband." grayson nods promptly as he grins faintly.

"it's nice to meet you." i knew the situation was already beginning to be awkward as i cleared my throat and gained the attention of both of the men.

"elias can you help me take this stuff to the table. you can guys can sit down don't worry about anything." i inform as some do insist but i brush it off as elias and i walk into the dining room and place the food in the middle of the table. my eyes scan over everyone who chats quietly while also noticing the way cora places the children at a smaller table with plates ready for them as they smiled.

soon enough everyone was eating and i tried to keep my concentration on the adults but i did sidetrack to the kids as they eat and speak. it lets me admire from afar at their own moment of time with one another. that was until a conversation started to spark that had to do with me. "so aurora how did you and your husband meet?" carter questions me as i finish the piece of food i was chewing on before answering.

"we met five years ago through mutual friends. jaden actually was friends with elias ever since they were little kids and so one day he got invited to go out with us. i met him and at first we didn't like one another. then one time i was kind of talking bad about him in spanish to cora and turns out he is very fluent in the language." i say with a soft smile as i look beside me as his eyes were on me. he holds a faint simper as well from the mention of the story and once i am done i glance back to carter who also grins.

"long story short we said some rude things to one another and before i know it he was asking me to dinner. then the rest was kind of history. we got married a year later and moved into this house and then had grayson." i conclude as carter seems to have enjoyed the story when suddenly i am asking about the same subject. "what about you and grayson? how did you guys meet?"

"wow that's kind of a crazy story, right?" she starts off gazing over to her husband who nods with a smile. his eyes only on her as he stares with forms of adoration, it makes my breath hitch when i was familiar with that look. "well grayson started traveling a lot five years ago and so was i? we were both in italy in the same tourist group however for some reason i thought this guy lived in rome. so me trying to fit in i had asked him for a nearby cafe in italian to which he responded in italian to play along. i didn't find it weird until he asked me in english if he could join me." she was reminiscing with a simper lingering on her lips.