CHAPTER SIX

aurora
where the truth is revealed

cora had been cold with me for the past four days nor did i insist on making her speak to me as well. she deserved her space and as much as it hurt me to have her so isolated, i understood it. however that was mostly with everyone around me. grayson was one of them but i believed that had to do with the fact i laughed in his face when he spoke to me.

especially when nothing was funny.

i realize now that perhaps i should have handled that better, yet there was nothing i could do now. i knew i wouldn't reach out first but that mostly due to these thoughts in my mind that have been possessing everything for the past four days.

the fact that i supposedly still cared about grayson. and maybe that was still a common factor in my heart but i didn't need that to be evident to everyone else. however that seemed to be clear to not only my best friend but my ex-boyfriend. either way i should have other things on my mind. that being getting my best friend back to normal by attempting to suggest a party to go.

which i knew for a fact she loves and i despise. but i'm doing it as a little piece offering. "hey girly." i say first with a tone of softness. when i do she is able to pick her head up and remove the ear bud she had. cora looks ready to listen as i am about to speak again. "i heard some frat guys were having a little party down by the shore today. i was thinking we can go."

"you, aurora lune, want to go to a party?" she questions basically summing up my request however i nod hesitantly hoping she would agree.

"yeah, well i love the beach and you love parties so i thought we could go." i state and she suddenly looks away to then seem to think to herself. it's a couple seconds of silence before she then continues to motion her head up and down to accept my offer.

"yeah, alright. let's go." she tells me and i smile because of how she concurs. it gives me a wave of hope that, perhaps, this could work out today.

"okay, awesome. let's get ready then because i would like to tan and all that before we could go full party mode and all that shit." i ramble and she smiles softly when nodding. that causes cora to lock her phone and stand up as well as she begins to walk over to where her clothes are held. as do i when we both get dressed and become ready to go.

+

i was the one driving in this situation and i enjoyed every minute of it as the summer air had began to seep through the open windows and onto our skin. the sun shining as shades of blue painted the sky. as well as the music being blasted as cora and i sang along maybe too loud with its melodies. it only caused us to smile larger and laugh a little harder. it felt so right in this moment as we made our way to the beach in jersey. within no time we were there as we found ourselves stepping out the car and already spotting the crowd of people on the sand with cups in hand and music synchronizing with the waves crashing.

"alright let's do this." i mumble as cora nods softly with a faint simper lingering on her lips. she reached for her bag as do i when i lock the car doors as we walk away from the vehicle. the wind still lightly blowing throughout hair and the sun now kissing my skin with its warmth. i enjoyed it all too much.

yet that seemed to be interrupted once cora and i had removed the clothes on top of our bathing suits and have our bodies exposed when whistles were thrown at us. "remind me next time that we should have a beach day with just you and me." i state when flipping off the person who most recently whistled at me. she chuckles softly when placing down her towel to then only find herself standing over me when i lay down.