1

a random short story.

story idea by: trashjar

Banana

i rubbed my stomach reluctantly, only growls from my stomach echoed throughout the silent bus ride. i was given judgemental stares with stern expressions painting their faces. while some were composing themselves from laughing, others allowed chuckles to escape their lips. my eyes flickered at the scene before me, my face grew rigid.

"what? it's normal to be hungry" i said with embarrassment laced onto my tone. the ones who were urging to laugh, scoffed. i puckered my brow, "don't act like it never happened to you before." a person who sat in front of me with headphones hovered over his ruffled hair, turned their head to have his eyes meet mine.

"shut up," he said barely audible. coming no further than a whisper. my eyes grew wide, narrowing them onto the button churned on the wall. i instantly bashed onto the button for us to leave at our stop. the bus driver shot me a glare from his mirror while the pace of the bus decreased, abruptly stopping at a place i knew nothing about.

i stood from my seat, and hesitantly made my way to the door. i bade the bus driver goodbye only to be greeted with silence. i stepped onto the concrete, glancing around finding only isolated stores filled with no customers. i shrugged my shoulders and walked to one of them, hoping i could fill my empty stomach. the darkness began to cover the pavement as the green hues which coloured nature transitioned to a darker shade. with the only little light was left, i found a shadow behind mine.

with confusion, i turned my head only to find a man with large gentle eyes. his hand reached out to me with a banana in hand, his head dangled low. i attempted to utter a sentence, only being capable of an "u-um." his head shot up, locking his eyes with mine before keeping his head low again. with the short time, his brown orbs danced with white, glistening from the dim street light. they oddly seemed brighter in his eyes.

he heaved a sigh, muttering something under his breath. i wasn't able to decipher what he said but he tugged on his arms, gesturing for me to have the banana. i tilted my head as confusion etched onto the faint smile i was able to muster. "you were hungry in the bus ride, i wasn't able to give it to you so h-here."

"sorry, i'm allergic to bananas."