Chapter 31

Third person pov

Oberon was apparently Ima's guardian angel, only instead of an angel he was a goat-man who had the ability to hop through dimensions and time itself. Ima didn't have to go back to her wilderness, which had been blown up by some stranger named "Atlas." Sakura still absolutely hated the short girl and Sasuke had fallen even more in love and somehow managed to form some sort of alliance with Naruto. 

Kakashi had sort of been avoiding Ima, but the girl really didn't seem to mind. With Oberon back, and Sasuke within arms reach, she seemed to be doing alright. She helped Tsunami in the garden, watched Team 7 train more, helped with the cooking and cleaning and even the laundry! Even now she was helping out, killing men left and right in a fit of absolute rage!

"Ima, calm down!" Oberon called, although the bowl of popcorn he held told everyone he really didn't mean it. Ima had showed up to see Haku about to kill Sasuke, and she'd lost her shit. In an instant, there was a giant caterpillar with a cow head flopping its way across the bridge with an angry Ima atop it. 

"What the fuck?" Zabuza asked as the cow-caterpillar hybrid let out a mighty roar, bright red flames shooting from its mouth. Kakashi didn't know what to say, watching as it swiped people of the bridge at Ima's word. His resolve not to let her power fall into the hands of a malicious village hardened as the cow didn't hesitate to scoop up around ten people in its mouth and eat them.

"Ima, I'm alright!" Sasuke called. He was literally in perfect condition. Ima had imagined him that way, and now he was sitting next to a tied-up Haku and a cheerful Naruto watching as chaos ensued. He'd never seen Ima so mad. In fact, he wasn't sure he'd really seen her mad at all. He had no idea she was capable of such malice.

"Remind me to never make fun of her again..." Sakura whispered to Tazuna, who nodded numbly. 

"Pig nose, pig nose, pig nose!" As Ima pointed at the terrified mercenaries that had been under Gato's command when he was still breathing, they sprouted pig noses in place of their actual ones. Their screams of horror came out as swine squeals, which only made them all the more terrified. Their fellow hired-hands were too mortified to really move.

"Imagine if this bridge was done!" Ima said, and then the bridge was. Tazuna's jaw dropped. "Now imagine if I could drop bombs on you without destroying it."

"Take cover!" Sasuke called, diving behind a stack of bricks that had been meant for the bridge's construction. Naruto scrambled after him, dragging a wide-eyed Haku with him. Tazuna and Sakura were too far away to really be effected. Oberon sat in a lawn chair next to them, chuckling to himself. He flicked his sunglasses on.

"What the hell?!" Zabuza shouted as a distant whistling sound caught his attention. Kakashi's heart plummeted into his stomach, and he grabbed Zabuza's arm.

"We have to move." He said. "Now."

Zabuza was really in no state of mind to argue. He followed Kakashi as the man sprinted down the bridge towards where Sasuke, Naruto and Haku were taking cover. The first bomb dropped behind them. They could hear Ima cackling as explosives rained down around her. The mercenaries screamed in horror as the first shell exploded in a blast of green slime and goblins with button eyes.

"Try to kill my best friend one more time!" Ima screamed as people were blown off the bridge by the bombs, the survivors getting tackled by swarms of angry goblins. Oberon was full on laughing now, shoving popcorn into his face as the carnage reflected off his designer shades. What a time to be alive.

"Hey guys." Ima crouched down next to Sasuke. The Uchiha and Uzumaki both jumped in surprise at the girl's sudden arrival. They stared at her with wide eyes. "Oh, that's not me. That's the imaginary me. She'll be gone in like, five minutes."

"Right." Naruto blinked rapidly. Sasuke seemed to understand, moving his gaze back to the bloodthirsty Ima. No wonder she was acting so angry. She was imagined to be this way!

"Scone?" Ima offered, holding a platter of them. Naruto and Sasuke, not taking their eyes off the show fake-Ima was putting on, both nodded vaguely and took a scone. Ima took her own, shoving it in her mouth as the bloodshed in front of her reflected in her green eyes. She sighed.

What a time to be alive.