Chapter 6

Sasuke's pov 

"-uke, Sasuke." I groaned at the sound of my name, rolling over and away from it. I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me, and I groaned again, my eyes cracking open. I was with Imagine, and now someone is here cutting our time short!

I sat up, rubbing my eyes as I glared at my brother, who'd been the one to awaken me. He smiled softly, ruffling my already messy hair. I scowled at him, my eyes moving to my lap. I guess it isn't really his fault I have to get up so early.... Okay, maybe it is.

"Good, you're awake. Get ready, your appointment is in an hour and we can't be late." Itachi informed. "Nii-san! Ima was almost done mastering making only two flowers! Although, they were pretty big." I said in frustration, saying the last part to myself. I thought back to when we'd been pushed up against the wooden fence by the mere size of one of the flowers. Luckily, Ima had managed to make it go away.

"Two..... flowers?" Itachi deadpanned. "Yup." I said, pulling a daisy petal off my shirt and inspecting the purple polka dots on it. Itachi looked from it, to my face and then back again in slight confusion. "Get ready, Otouto." Itachi sighed after a while. I nodded wordlessly at him. I feel bad for Ima, she looked so tired. Hopefully she'll take it easy today.

I hopped up and walked to the bathroom, ready to start the day. I frowned when I remembered why I was woken up early. The therapist. Great, Nii-san thinks I'm a whack job. Next thing I know they'll be trying to stop me from sleeping or something.

~

"Good morning, Sasuke." My mother greeted when I entered the dining room, a warm smile on my face. "Kaa-chan." I greeted with a smile, but it didn't quite reach my eyes. I looked over my father who was glaring at me, and scowling, but that's to be expected I suppose. "Imaginary friends are for children, Sasuke." He said sternly. I frowned but said nothing, even though I'm a child.

Breakfast was quiet and tense, until Nii-san broke the silence. Even then it was still suffocating. "Otouto, it's time to go." He said in a soft tone, already by the door. I stood up and trotted over to him, slipping on my sandals. "Bye Mother, Father." I said quietly before exiting the house. People waved at us as we walked by, and of course, we waved back.

We exited the compound and turned left, a direction we'd never turned before. Itachi held my hand as we navigated through the crowd of people. Looking around, this must've been where all the places you had to make appointments at were. 

Soon, we stopped in front of a small building which was squeezed between a dentist office and a place that looked to teach dance. I could hear the muffled sound of horrible hip hop songs coming right through the walls, and cringed. 

"Come on." Itachi tugged on my hand lightly, looking down at me. I complied and entered the building with him. My nose scrunched up as the smell of scented air freshener hit my senses, and a cold wave of air washed over me. I couldn't help but sneeze. "Ah, young Sasuke is here. Come on, Mr. Yamanaka is waiting for you." The man at the front desk said the second he spotted us.

Itachi let go of my hand and nodded in a reassuring way. I, hesitantly, followed the man down a hall and to a door. It was creepy down here, everything was so clean. Well, excluding the dusty plastic plants we'd sometimes see on top of little wooden tables. 

The man knocked twice and there was a shuffle of papers. "Enter." A stern yet warm voice said after only a second. The man pushed open the door and poked his head inside. "Sasuke Uchiha for you." He said before shoving me in and closing the door. I stumbled.

I glared at the door I'd been forced through before turning to Mr. Yamanaka. "Hello there, Sasuke. My name is Kuzoi Yamanaka." The man greeted with a warm smile, but it somehow put me on edge. "Nice to meet you." I said as politely as I could before sitting in one of the chairs in front of the mans desk.

"So, from what your mother and older brother told me, you're convinced you're imaginary friend is real." He said, his eyes scanning the paper in his hands. "She isn't imaginary!" I blurted out angrily before I could stop myself. 

Kuzoi looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, something flashing in his eyes. "Right." He said in a way that told me he didn't believe me. I scowled at him in response. This guy... He probably only wants our money.

"So, what's his name?" Kuzoi questioned, pen already moving rapidly across his clipboard. "Ima, she's a girl." I huffed. "Ima, that's a nice name. Did you come up with it yourself?" He asked, marking something out. I felt the sudden urge to bash my head against the desk.

"No, obviously her parents gave her the name." I scoffed at him. Man, this guy is an idiot. Did I not just tell him Ima is real? Why would I name her? "I see.... and how old is Ima. What kind of creature is she?" He questioned. Did he just say creature? "Ima is around five, maybe six. I haven't asked her. And she's a human obviously." I hissed the word human at him and he nodded, marking some things down.

"And you've been spending a lot of time in the library reading about ghost towns? Why is that?" He asked me, his green eyes meeting mine. "Ima lives in a ghost town, and I'm trying to find out which one." I explained to him. He nodded, writing something else down. That clipboard is starting to make me nervous..... "When do you see Ima?" Kuzoi asked. "When I fall asleep I go to where she's at." I said and he nodded.

"What did you two do last night?" He asked kindly. "It's a secret." I said, not wanting to share my special time with Ima with a stranger. "Are you sure you can't tell me?" He asked in a coaxing manner. "I'm positive." I said, shooting the man a quick glare that clearly screamed 'back off.'

"Alright, Sasuke, Ima is not real." He sighed, setting down his pen. I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off. "She's something you dream about. You want a child companion, a friend, and so your brain has created one."

"She is real!" I exploded, glaring at him. "No, she isn't, Sasuke. I'm afraid she's not a real living person." Kuzoi said with a shake of his head. I knew she was real. How else would I have gotten that backpack and why did I find a flower petal on my shirt this morning? She was very real.

"I don't care what you say. She's real." I said in a firm tone. Kuzoi sighed and smiled at me. "I'll see you tomorrow, Sasuke. Send in your brother, will you?" He asked. I nodded, albeit angrily, before hopping up and rushing for the door. Just before it slammed shut behind me, there's no doubt in my mind that I heard him mutter something about "memory removal."

This wasn't good. I don't want to forget Ima! I have to tell her tonight.