Chapter 23

Third person pov

"This is Ima." Sasuke's voice was gruff, his eyes cold and his arms folded over his chest. He looked completely back to normal. Albeit, he did look a little less intimidating sharing a seat with a girl much smaller than he was. He seemed completely comfortably with her there, if not more relaxed than usual. It made Kakashi feel... warmer to know that his student was happy. Truly happy.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend." Naruto's voice was loud. Tazuna and Tsunami erupted with laughter, and Kakashi gave a chuckle, patting the blonde on the back. He looked confused as to why everyone was laughing, but grinned nonetheless. Ima simply blinked at them dumbly. Looking at Sasuke. He looked back at her, a similar expression on his face. 

Sasuke's body began to shake slightly, and he immediately put his head down, his forehead touching the cool table. His entire body quaked, and Ima was beginning to turn red. Sakura gasped slightly, because Sasuke was clearly offended and crying at Naruto's bold and very false accusation! Clearly, clearly the blonde had no idea what he'd done! Poor Sasuke, being insulted in such a way.

Ima burst, laughter pouring out of her mouth. Her hand slapped down on the shaking Sasuke's back. The boy didn't even flinch at her touch, seeming completely used to it, and completely okay with it. This sort of hurt Sakura, because he would recoil as though she were wet food in a sink anytime she got anywhere near him. She supposed he was only like that because he was crying, too distracted by the horror of being called that cow's girlfriend to comprehend the touch. Clearly, that had to be it. Clearly.

"Us?" Ima sputtered, looking on the verge of losing it again. "Together?!"

Sasuke made an odd wheezing noise that made it apparent that this was his odd way of laughing, but trying to look like he wasn't laughing. It made Tsunami, Tazuna and Inari burst into laughter again. Kakashi simply smiled a closed eye smile as Ima repeatedly slapped Sasuke's back in amusement, trying to calm herself down. Kakashi smiled some more. "So you're Ima! How do you know Sasuke?" He diverted her attention to something else.

"Are you sure you aren't together? 'Cause you're touching him, and he isn't even glarin'." Naruto pointed out. An audible choke of a laugh escaped Sasuke, further breaking the already mortified Sakura. Ima howled with laughter as millions of thoughts raced through her head. Her and Sasuke? Absolutely preposterous! It was ridiculous. They were best friends for god's sake! "You two are awfully close." Tazuna gave a cheezy wink that sent the table spiraling into mayhem again.

"N-No, but imagine." Ima grabbed Sasuke's arm, getting his attention. "I'm just- I'm imaging little hearts dancing around our heads and Disney music playing in the background." 

"And Oberon in a cupid costume." Sasuke ventured. Ima sputtered at the thought. Sasuke continued, shocking Naruto and Sakura out of their pants because he was actually a little... not... broody? He was talking like a normal human would to their friend. "No, no, tiny cupid Oberon's fluttering around our heads." 

Ima sputtered again, and there was a few pops. Sasuke put his head in his hands, and Kakashi's eyes widened. Fluttering around Sasuke and Ima's heads were little... winged creatures with horns, which made him question two things. Just who was Oberon, and what the hell did they think a Cupid was? Although, those two questions weren't really a priority at the moment seeing as this girl had just spawned small flying creatures out of thin air, and everyone but himself, Naruto and Sakura were reacting to it.

"How'd you do that?!" Sakura screeched. Ima paused, blinking at her. Sasuke uncovered his face just so he could give her the stink eye. Sakura had the amazing ability to diminish all laughter and all humor with a single word. It was actually very depressing, and she'd totally ruined Sasuke's happy mood. Which would probably return when the pinkette shut the hell up. "Yeah, they just popped out!" Naruto threw his hands up. "That's magic or somethin'!" 

"It's just something she can do." Sasuke hissed before Ima could answer. "Drop it."

"Mah, mah, no need to be so hostile, Sasuke!" Kakashi chirped, eyeing Ima. There was something odd about this girl. He could feel her potential from here, but she was just... odd. Off, really. Not mentally or anything, there was just something about her abilities that threw him off. Did they stop at tiny, temporary flying creatures or could she do other things too? "Now, properly introduce us." 

Sasuke rolled his eyes and scoffed. Ima lightly elbowed him. He did the same back, his expression unchanging. "This is Ima. Short of Imagine." He said simply, his tone bland. "Whoa! Cool name! I'm Naruto Uzumaki! You met Sakura-chan. Her last name is Haruno. And Kakashi sensei." Naruto blabbered, earning a smile from Ima. She was quite polite, Kakashi observed. "Hatake." Kakashi finished, smiling a closed eye smile.

"Ima here showed up on our doorstep sick from withdrawal." Tazuna took a sip of his drink. Sakura's nose scrunched up. "Are you a traveler?" Naruto questioned, scratching the back of his neck. Sasuke glared at him in response. Ima smiled brightly. "Not really! I'd never really left my home until it burned down. My friend Oberon went to check on it! He's the one who got me out." Her smiled faded. "Oh.... and Azkuma... who sorta got... left..."

Sasuke suppressed a snort. "Wait, withdrawal? Are you a druggie?" Sakura's tone was snider than usual, as though she'd finally gained the upper hand. Tsunami gave the pinkette a frown. She'd seemed so nice earlier. The way girls would change all for a single boy. It was almost painful to watch, Tsunami mused to herself as she silently sipped her tea. She could talk to them all later. Right now was Ima's time. 

"She's not a druggie." Sasuke snarled, his eyes sharpening into a glare. Sakura flinched. Sweat dropping, Ima patted Sasuke's shoulder. "It was an innocent question, Sasuke. Don't worry about it. I mean, it's not like what I had was really a thing until I made it one." Ima assured. Sasuke grunted with slight defeat. Kakashi eyed her again. Her ability to control Sasuke's emotions to this extent could be useful for keeping him calm, and to keep him from lashing out and being so egotistical. Maybe Naruto would follow in suit.

"You don't look like a druggie. But how do you know this idiot?" Naruto rested his elbow on the table, propping his head up on his hand and staring at Ima in attempts to look cool. Unfortunately for Sasuke, it sort of worked. Ima didn't really seem to notice, but the Uchiha did, and he didn't like it. "Sasuke and I have been best friends since we were really small! Since before his clan." Ima smiled. Kakashi flinched, his eye moving to Sasuke. Ima could mention his clan without getting glared at?

"Oh, yeah, his clan." Sakura saddened. Sasuke's reaction was immediate. "Don't talk about them." He hissed at her. Kakashi's eyebrows shot up. He was right, this girl did have a good hold on him. "She did." Sakura's voice came out a whine. Sasuke's eyes narrowed with annoyance. "Well, I actually value her opinion and her thoughts, and don't mind what she says." Ima tapped on Sasuke's shoulder. He turned to her with a softer look. Her cheeks were puffed out slightly. Sasuke's head tilted ever so slightly.

"Be nice to her! She didn't do anything, you jerk." Ima punched him lightly in the shoulder. Sasuke immediately turned to Sakura. "I'm very sorry how I acted." His apology actually sounded sort of passable. Kakashi felt his amusement rise when Sasuke turned back to Ima, looking like a puppy expecting praise. He got what he was looking for. "There you go!" Ima gave him a bright smile. Sasuke clicked his tongue, satisfied.

This girl had definitely caught Kakashi's attention. Naruto and Sakura had opposite opinions of her. Where Naruto saw a potential friend, all Sakura saw was competition.