trentaquattro

"Where are you taking me?"

"You can't do this!"

I screamed everything I could at the guards. I really don't know what I was trying to accomplish, they'll do whatever they wanted to anyway.

At least I got to kick the douchebag cop. I had been wanting to do that for awhile. If they were going to transfer me to a place far away I was going to get my kicks in. Literally.

The officers started dragging me towards a small van and handcuffed me to the seat. At least I'd be away from prison for a little while, but my future remained uncertain.

Five minutes later we pulled up in front of a courthouse.

"I'm going to court today?"

"Shut the fuck up and get yo ass out this bus."

Dickwad

The officer led me through the back of the courthouse to a row of rooms pushing me inside of one.

This cell was even smaller than my prison cell. It had one bench seat on the far wall and that was it. I couldn't even stretch my legs out in here.

"Curran!"

Finally. I had been waiting for what seemed like days but had only been four hours. Was it necessary to be that early? I had spent my time watching the clock in the hallway spin slowly around.

The officer and I stopped outside of a small door. I could hear people yelling inside. It didn't seem good. A minute later a girl in handcuffs and a stripped jumpsuit walked out of the room crying.

"She killed the father of her son. Said it was self defense, but the jury didn't believe her. Life sentence with no parole." The officer told me.

At least my sentence wouldn't be so bad. I wouldn't even have a jury.

"Let's go." The man opened the door allowing me to step through.

I walked up to the glass partition on the side of the room. It was mostly empty besides Colton and his friends. The judge was sitting at a small desk in the front of the room.

"Mrs. Curran, you are charged with procession of drugs and intent to distribute. What is your plea?"

"Not guilty."

"Your lawyer would like to say a few words."

A short bald guy sitting in front of one of the rows stood up. I eyed him cautiously. My fate remained in their hands.

"This is miss Currans first offense. She has had no previous run-ins with law enforcement officers. The prosecution is unable to even prove she is the owner of the bag."

"Is this true?"

"The drugs were found in her bag that she was carrying your honor."

"I'll move for an immediate dismissal of all charges."

"Is that good?" I asked turning to the officer next to me.

"It means you're going home tomorrow."

"Wake up inmate. Time to go."

I hopped off the bed and ran over to the door. No handcuffs for me today. My wrists were badly chaffed from being handcuffed and dragged around so much.

"Remember what I told you!" Irma shouted from the guard area.

I knocked on corns door saying goodbye. My groups of friends were nice and all, but I wasn't going to miss them. Most of them would be here for a long time.

I followed the group of girls also getting released today. Outside a large group of people were waiting for someone to come out.

I instantly spotted Colton and ran up to him throwing my arms around his neck.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too. Let's get out of here." He said kissing my forehead. I intertwined my fingers in his and ran to the car where ace and Allen were waiting.

"It's good to be back." I cheered.

"We're all glad you're back. Colton went insane without you."

I rolled my eyes at him but I wasn't really surprised. After all I sent a girl to the medical unit. I've never been so angry in my life. After I had done it I immediately felt bad. I tried asking the guards about her, but they only seemed confused and told me they never had an inmate by that name before.

"Do you know what happened to Hazannah?"

"Taken care of." He replied shortly.

I kind of hated they way they talked about people like they were trash. I'd heard Ace use the phrase taken out a lot. As simple as someone referring to taking out the trash.

I didn't know what to expect when I walked inside of the house, but I was glad Mia was the only one waiting for me.

"I'm so glad you didn't throw me a surprise party." I whispered.

"Uh well."

I walked through the only set of doors people could be hiding behind.

"Surprise!" They all jumped out.

"Oh. I'm surprised all right."

I looked around the living room spotting grace and Ali. They were the only ones I really cared to talk to.

"So how was doing hard time?"

"Did you get a new girlfriend?" Grace pouted.

"You know you're the only one for me. Jail was horrible though. Believe me you don't want to go there."

"Definitely not. Apparently there's some girl in there that killed an inmate."

"So scary." I laughed.

I only had a few minutes to talk to my friends before Colton pulled me away to introduce me to some people he knew. I could tell right away they were dangerous. Maybe it was the suits, or the fact they looked like they were made of money, or the dark gleaming eyes. If I saw them on the street I would have turned around.

"Cashmere, this is Geoff. Geoff, this is my fiancé."

"Nice to meet you."

"And you as well." He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. The other side was a different story. His nails were digging into my palm.

I narrowed my eyes at him while snatching my hand away. When he introduced me to the rest of them I kept my hands placed firmly at my sides.

"Am I done yet?" I whined to Colton.

It was bad enough being in prison but after meeting his sketchy business partners I would rather be back in there. At least you're safe in your own cell and not forced to talk to anyone.

"For tonight you are."

I groaned heading to our room. I missed our bed so much. I missed being in an actual bed a lot. That wiry contraception in prison could not even be considered a bed.