ventidue

"My boyfriend will kill you if anything happens to me."

I looked at the gun in his hand back to his face then back to the gun.

"You didn't have a boyfriend last weekend. Who is the little guy?"

He's the opposite of little

Holden may have big muscles, but Colton's were bigger and he had a good eight inches on Holden. He could easily take out Holden and it wouldn't be pretty. I just had to hope he shows up.

"Look Holden you don't want to shoot me. I mean why would you want to?"

"Why would I want to?"

His laugh made me cringe and sent shivers through my body.

"You humiliated me at that party. Do you know my friends still joke about that? Do you?"

"I asked you a question. Do you?"

He was so close to me spit was flying in my face. I could see every single pore on his face. I knew he would passed off no matter what I said. In this situation there was no right answer.

"No." I whispered shaking my head.

"I didn't fucking think so!"

I curled up in a fetal position as he started kicking the car behind me. I could try to set off the alarm. That would bring out a lot of people concerned it's their car, or he could get mad and shoot me.

"You don't even care what you did!"

No I don't

"Do you?"

"Yes. I care." I lied.

"Don't lie to me." His hands reached around my throat.

"Unghhh." I struggled to yell under his grip. I wrapped my hand around his finger pulling it back. I let it go once I heard a loud snapping sound.

"Agh! You bitch."

He backhanded me across the face. I could taste the salty blood pouring into my mouth and spat it out on his shoe.

When he took a step back I sat up and took off running through the parking lot.

"Help." I screamed.

I felt myself falling towards the ground. I hit the rough pavement with a loud slam. It took me a moment to realize Holden just tackled me. I twisted to the side trying to throw his heavy body off of me.

I heard a gunshot ring through the air. I wasn't sure if Holden had shot me. I looked down at my costume inspecting it for blood.

I stood up looking at Holden next to me. His body was twitching and there was blood pouring out of his mouth.

"Shh. Baby don't look."

I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around me.

"Colton." I cried.

"I know I'm here baby."

He ran his hands through my hair attempting to comfort me.

It had been a week since I was attacked in the parking lot. Since then, Colton hadn't let me out of his sight. He went everywhere I did besides school. It took me awhile to convince him to let me lock the bathroom door.

Grace texted me this morning asking if I would come over. Somehow Colton found grace at fault for the incident. He found out about what Holden and I did and since grace was the one who convinced me to go upstairs with him, she was also at fault.

He hadn't even been mad when he found out. Especially when he found out Holden had been mad because I screamed his name.

Now, Holden was dead. I had been waiting to see it on the news. For the cops to show up at the door, but somehow his body had disappeared. I knew Colton killed him and had someone get rid of his body, but I didn't care.

I just had to focus on getting out of here without Colton finding out. I waited until I saw his car disappear before heading downstairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ace asked.

"This isn't a prison. Now get out of my way."

"Sure. Just let me get ready."

"Ugh. I'm just going out to get some female things. I'll be right back I promise."

I watched as he cringed.

"Go ahead."

Works every time

"So why did you just disappear from the party?"

She had no idea that Holden was dead. I guess he didn't have many friends because no one had reported him missing yet.

"Colton showed and he looked really good so.." I trailed off hoping Grace would believe my insane story.

"Ohhh. Okay I get it. I would have left too."

"Anyways. I have exams coming up so I've placed myself on a lockdown to study."

That part wasn't a lie. Since Colton rarely let me out of the house I had been acing every test I had.

"Anymore problems with Liston."

I rolled my eyes. I hadn't thought about her in a long time.

"No. She only came to town to stalk Colton. I guess she went back home. Why?"

"She didn't fit in here with that fake tan anyways. It's just...I saw a body that night that kinda looked like her."

"I could only hope." I laughed.

"I still can't believe we never called the cops."

"We were both too traumatized. Maybe we were just really high and imagined it. I really don't know."

"Right. Maybe."

That was the crazy thing. I guess normal people who discover bodies do call the cops. Grace and I on the other hand were two girls who were too high to even call the cops. Also we could have been arrested for trespassing.

"I'm renting a cabin for the weekend. It's so pretty. It's up in the woods and it has a hot tub. You'll know everyone and don't worry Holden won't be going. Nobody is even speaking to him because he's kind of been a bitch lately."

"I doubt Colton will say yes, but we'll see."

"Just mention hot tub sex." She winked at me.

After I left Grace's house I stopped by the local drugstore to buy some tampons just so my lie would be believable.

"Nevermind. She's here." Colton said hanging up the phone.

"Baby. Why didn't you text me? I would have run to the store for you."

"I had to go right away." I shrugged.

"Oh by the way my friend invited us to the mountains next weekend."

"Which friend?" He asked.

"Uh is that important?"

"Yes Cash, it is."

"Grace."

"No." He turned away from me and walked upstairs.

"Okay. I thought we could have hot tub sex while looking at the mountains...but maybe in ten years then."

"I'll think about it."

I squealed knowing that meant yes. Grace is a genius.