Undici

"I have a ten percent coupon and that means I get ten dollars off."

I rolled my eyes at Moira. People who don't work retail will never understand the hell you go through with some people. After a day like today I felt like stabbing myself in the eye just to get the day off. Last night had been perfect and waking up to Colton next to me always put me in a good mood. This lady seemed determined to ruin it.

"You Get ten percent off. Not ten dollars. Your total is thirty dollars so you're getting three dollars off."

"No. That don't make no sense."

How do dumb people survive?

"I'll explain again. Ten percent off does not mean ten dollars off. It's ten percent of the total."

"Sweetie you don't know math. Stay in school."

Go back to school

"Moira I need your help."

At sixteen I was too mature to argue with this lady. I had been working with Moira since I was fourteen at the shop. Back then I had patience and I could argue with this lady until her face turned blue. Now though, no patience whatsoever. I really just wanted my day to be over because I would get to see Colton.

"Still thinking about that boyfriend?"

"We're not dating."

Were we?

"You kids always have to have things spelled out for you. You're dating even if he hasn't officially asked you."

"It was only one date."

One date, Multiple kisses, and a lot of cuddling.

"You have cute lingerie right?"

I spit out my coffee.

"Moira! No."

"You should go buy some then. Get a cute set with a garter belt."

"First off I do have some. I meant no, as in no we are not about to talk about this. Second of all, I don't even know what that is."

"Go to the lingerie store and get some help girl. You have to always be prepared. Learned that the hard way."

"Ew. My innocent little ears. Anyways, it's not like that."

"What the hell are you waiting for? Are you eighty years old or something?"

"Ugh. No."

"Oh I see. He's a bit small. Well don't worry about that you can just.."

"Moira!" I cut her off. My face was probably redder than a tomato. "Please stop."

I took Moira's advice and found myself in a lingerie store called Scandal. The name was fitting. Everything came in either red, black, or white and was super small leaving nothing to the imagination.

"Can I help you?"

"I need a...Um belt?"

"A garter belt or belt for spanking? We have both."

I cringed. Why was she so loud? I couldn't even imagine myself spanking Colton.

"A garter belt."

Please lower your voice the state of Iowa does not need to hear this

She showed me the sets they had and I choose a white one with blue ribbons running through it.

"Don't worry if he tries to rip these off. They were made very well. We have an optional warranty as well."

So I can bring them back and tell someone he ripped them off and get them fixed?

"That's okay." I grabbed the bag and practically ran out of the store stuffing the bag in my purse so no one would see it.

"Hey baby."

"Hi." I turned around facing the window.

I could barely even look at him now without picturing myself spanking him. It seemed weird. What if he's into that though? What if he asks me to do it and then I have to go back and get the belt?

The next morning when I went downstairs there was a man in a business suit sitting at the kitchen table with my parents.

This was odd for so many reasons. My parents don't have any friends so we've never had anybody over. Also the fact that it's eight in the morning and my parents are awake. My dad's actually cooking for once and also for once there are no bottles of alcohol around.

"Sweetie. Come say hello."

Sweetie?

"Cashmere this is Mr. Holland. His truck broke down up the road and he's going to be staying with us for a few days."

That's weird

"He's paying us a lot of money to stay here so be nice."

My dad had a 'don't mess this up' face.

"Hi, how are you?"

I decided that I better be nice to this guy. As strange as it was it would be nice to have some help with the bills. I was still pretty sure we would all be murdered with an axe in the morning though.

"Good. How are you?" I asked the man.

"It's weird right?" I whispered.

I was on the phone with my coworker grace. Mr. holland or Steve, or whatever was moving into the guest bedroom down the hall. He didn't even bring any luggage so there wasn't much to move. Why stay here and not at the motel that was only ten minutes away?

"How much is your dad charging him?"

"One hundred a night. I don't even have locks on the door."

I slid my door shut when the man walked out of his room. I heard his footsteps going down the hallway stopping in front of my door. I was too scared to move but pretty sure that if I leaned down I would be able to see his shoes under my door.

He stayed silent. I stayed silent. Grace was probably thinking I had been murdered.

Then I felt the doorknob start to turn. I held onto it tightly in my hand so that he wouldn't be able to open it.

"Mr. holland?"

I never thought I would say it but thank you dad.

"I was just about to use the bathroom."

"That's not that bathroom that's my daughters room. There's a bathroom in your room." My dad told him.

I let out the breath I'd been holding when he let go of the door and walked off.

"Grace I think I almost died."

"You have to get out of there. Can't you stay with Colton?"

"Uhh no." I was already blushing and not about to go into the reason I would not stay with him even though I could.