trenta

"You have significant scarring." The doctor remarked.

I rolled my eyes. "I know that obviously." I snapped. "I want it gone."

After being bullied all week I decided to do something about my body. Colton wasn't too happy with my decision to see a plastic surgeon. I wasn't either, but here I was.

"It's going to look worse before it looks better, but you'll be happy with the results."

I thanked her before walking back into the waiting area.

"Cash?"

I turned around seeing Hazannah.

"Oh hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"Um skin grafting. What about you?"

She leaned over to my ear. "Lipo. Please don't tell anyone."

I nodded my head shocked. She seemed so thin.

"I had a child and the pregnancy weight hasn't gone down."

Why are you telling me this?

I had heard rumors around school speculating as to why she missed the first part of the year, but no one suspected she was pregnant.

"Did you keep it?"

"No. It would be hard to live in a dorm with a child."

More like impossible. Possibly illegal.

"I won't tell anyone."

"Thanks. We should grab a coffee sometime."

"Sure." We exchanged numbers and I walked out to the car where Chris and Grace were waiting.

"So when are you going to pick the dresses? The girls are waiting!"

"Not even fully in the car Grace. Calm down."

"Boo." She slid down in the seat pouting.

"Hazannah kind of mentioned she wanted to be involved." Chris said.

"Yeah I'll think about it." I lied. I barely knew the girl. Okay, besides grace and Ali I wasn't really close to the rest, but I didn't want to seem like a friendless loser so they were included.

"Hazannah? Really. Ugh."

Grace, Chris and myself were sitting on Grace's bed having a few drinks to make up for such a horrible week.

"Chill. I'm not even considering it. I mean the girl is a bit weird. I ran into her earlier and she tells me this whole story of her life about having a kid and she's getting lipo so no one will notice."

Oops

"Did I say that?"

"Yes. Yes you did. She is such a slut! I wonder who the dad is."

"Please don't say anything. I promised her I wouldn't but I did."

I glanced at their faces. Grace seemed ecstatic while Chris was going pale.

"Don't worry. We won't say anything. Right Chris?" She asked nudging Chris with her elbow.

Chris hopped off the bed and slammed the door without saying a word.

"Weird."

"He's weird like that sometimes." She shrugged.

The next day at school a large crowd was gathered in the hallway. Were they focused on someone other than me for once? No one had even looked at me twice. I could already tell this was going to be a great day. I pushed a few people out of my way to get to my locker.

"You lied to me! How could you?" A guy screamed.

I knew that voice. That sounded like Chris and he seemed angry about something.

I ignored my locker and made my way over to them. He had Hazannah pinned against a locker.

"You had the kid! Were you ever going to tell me about that?"

Shit

"How did you find out about that?"

Before they could drag me into this I turned on my heels and walked straight out of school.

"Why did you not tell me Chris and Hazannah dated?" I screamed into my phone.

"I wouldn't call it dating."

"They clearly slept together. I walked into school and he was yelling at her about the kid. I had to turn around and get my ass out of there!"

Grace just laughed. "They'll get over it. At least no one is talking about you right?"

"I guess so." I said hanging up the phone.

"Why aren't you in school?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said snuggling into Colton's side.

"That bad?"

"Yeah."

"Who hurt you?" He asked rubbing my shoulders trying to comfort me.

"It wasn't that. It was something I did."

"I know how to make you feel better." He said throwing Mia off the bed and climbing back on top of me.

An hour later and I was feeling much better, but I was still dreading going back to school tomorrow. Allen would be back next week. Colton was furious they had been suspended. I've never seen him act like such an older brother before. I didn't know much about his family so I was shocked that they were related. The twins were my age. They used to go to a school across town, but they transferred to my school this year.

"What happened to your parents?"

"Dead."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault baby."

"So out of everything to do with your life why a gang?"

"My parents died when I was young. I ended up in foster care, but I hated it. I spent most of my time out on the streets so I needed money. I started running drugs for a guy. I thought he was just a small time dealer, but then I realized it was bigger than I expected. Over the next few years I eventually became second in command. When he became weak I took over. I never expected it, but that's how things turned out and I don't regret it. If I had done one little thing differently I might not have met you."

It was back to hell. Did I say hell? I meant school. I was dreading having to go back. I knew when I did I was taking the chance of seeing Hazannah.

"I'll pick you up after school."

I kissed Colton goodbye and very slowly walked into school. I was late on purpose today. To buy some more time I headed into the empty bathroom.

Apparently making out with Colton had been a terrible idea. My makeup was ruined and I hadn't brought anymore. I wet a paper towel and wiped at my face which only made things worse.

"You can borrow some of my makeup."

"Oh. Um that's okay I'll have a friend bring some for me."

"It's really no problem." She handed me her makeup bag.

"I'm sorry about Chris finding out. I didn't realize you two.."

"It's fine actually. I'm glad that he knows now. It was a hard thing to keep secret and I felt bad about it, now though I feel better."

I nodded unsure of what to say.

"I have to get back to class, but I'll just get my bag back after school."

Her makeup ended up looking amazing on me. I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. I would never hide a child from colton, but our situations are completely different.