Chapter 39× Obscurité

× × Kai × ×

To say the house was chaotic would be the understatement of the year. Everyone was running around like crazy, yelling at each other and some even threw things across the rooms.

I wasn't all that sure if it was because my dad is after them all, or because he's recruiting other gang members to help.

Probably both though.

The thing was that even with all the rumors that have spread in the time span of less than 24 hours, I still didn't know exactly how many gangs we were up against.

Were we that highly outnumbered that they're willing to run away and hide?

There's no way my dad could be that powerful.

"Taehyung, please." I plead, sighing when he slapped my hand away from the door knob as I went to open it.

"Namjoon's orders-" He bops my nose and shakes his head, "-you're not allowed to come out of this room right now."

"But why the hell not? He never told me this!" I grunt throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

I couldn't sleep at all last night just thinking about all the things Azariel told me about. I tossed and turned all night until Namjoon came and wrapped his arms around me.

But even then I only slept for about four hours which really isn't much. So when I woke up without him by my side the first thing I wanted to do was see him.

I changed into something more presentable than some short shorts and a sports bra and walked out.

Only to find Taehyung standing outside with a determined look on his face.

"He does it to keep you safe Kai." His face softens, "just listen this once please. He said he'll come see you as soon as he can calm everyone down."

I huff and sit down on the bed, "what about you? Aren't you scared?"

He smiles lightly and walks to me, taking a seat on my bed and shrugs.

"Ani. Because we've through worse than this."

I scoff, "how?"

"When we first got here, we hardly knew any English so it was hard for us to make deals. We mistook a package as trash and threw it out. Turned out that it belonged to a really known drug dealer called Moses." He flashes me a sad smile.

"When he found out who it was who threw it drugs away he wanted revenge. So he took Jungkook, tortured him, suffocated him to get him to talk but how if he didn't even know English?" He scoffs bitterly.

"We spent a whole week without seeing him. Without knowing his whereabouts and we were terrified of what may have happened to him." He gulps, looking away from me as tears dwelled up around his eyes.

"We were so scared for him, he was only fifteen at the time. So having lost him was something I can't even put into words. It was scary, like we had failed to protect him." He shakes his head.

"Namjoon was mostly out at that time, not giving up on his search for Jungkook no matter how many times we told him that he would be of no help if he didn't rest first,"