Week Six: A Promise.

📍Seoul, South Korea 🇰🇷

A few days later and Jisoo is showing no improvement. They've transferred her to Seoul National Medical Centre so that she's closer to home and her regular doctor could run his own tests.

The cancer in her lungs have spread to her liver. It's not the news they want to hear, but there was sliver of hope.

With a few chemo sessions, and surgery they would be able to remove it from her liver.

Their trip was no longer on their minds although it was fun while it lasted.

Everyday seemed to be the same for Jisoo. Speaking to her family and friends like she'll never see them again, but reassuring them that she's trying.

But each day is getting harder and harder. As time passes her condition worsens.

It's the worst torture any of them could ever experience. It's watching the love of your life slowly slip away. Watching your daughter gradually disappear. Watching your best friend be the weakest she's ever been.

Jennie is passed out in the chair next to her. Lisa steps into the room with red puffy eyes and pink nose, a torn envelope in her hand.

Dear Lisa,

I know this isn't what you want to hear right now, but I could never leave this life never telling you how much you mean to me.

I was only a baby when you joined our little family. You were the odd one out being the adopted Thai munchkin that mom had wanted. You were the monkey in a family of pandas.

But that never stopped us from loving you.

Growing up with a little sister like you, is something I wouldn't trade for the world. You were the best dongsaeng Limario. You became someone I could joke and play around with. Someone I could tease. Someone I could trust with my life.

I spent my nights as a kid reading you books the way Joohyun had done for me. I wanted to be the best big sister ever to you monkey.

Do you remember those nights? The nights we'd spend giggling over silly picture books. Those nights we colour pictures for eomma when we were supposed to be asleep. Those nights I'd kiss your cheek and whisper that even if eomma didn't give birth to you, you would always be my sister.

You mean a lot to me Lisa. I know sometimes it doesn't seem like it with the way I tease you, but you do. Every laugh we shared made me want to fight that much harder.

Even if I'm sick. Even if I'm no longer there to laugh with you. Live a happy life Lisa.

Live a life with laughter. Don't dwell on your losses.

I love you Pokpak.

Your big sister,
Kim Jisoo.

Ps. Bring the box with you, when you visit me.

Blinking, a tear slips down her cheek. She sniffles and pulls the small black box out of her pocket.

"If I give you this...you have to stay. You have to stay here. You can't go...please don't go," She shakes her head as the tears start to flow.

Jisoo opens her arms to her. "Come here."

Lisa doesn't hesitate to run into her arms, hugging her tightly as she cries.

"Don't go Unnie! I love you. It'll hurt too much if you go!"

Jisoo rubs her back soothingly. "Shhh Limario...Shh it's okay."