Prologue: The First.

Letter One:

Dear Jennie,

Do you remember that time in second grade when the teacher asked us to draw our favorite animal? We didn't know each other, but you sat two seats in front of me. I took out my crayons and began to draw. I'm pretty sure I only used one color though, which is pretty unrealistic because no animal is really only one color. Unless it's an ant or something, but who's favorite animal is an ant?

Anyways, I was busy drawing when the boy sitting next to me grabbed my paper and started making fun of me for drawing a duck. He went on and on about how ducks were stupid and anyone who likes ducks was probably stupid too.

Do you remember what happened next? I do.

This short little girl with hair as dark as charcoal whipped around in her chair and began yelling in a language I had never heard. She walked back to the boy, ripped my drawing from his hands, and then proceeded to make fun of him for the fact that he had drawn a fish, since apparently the only thing worth noting about fish was the fact that they get flushed down the toilet.

This feisty, little girl then continued to hand me back my drawing, wink, and went back to her seat.

When I craned my neck to see what animal she had drawn, I noticed the paper was blank. And I became sad because I figured she didn't have a favorite animal, and everyone should have a favorite animal.

So I scribbled a note around my duck, and as the bell rang for recess, I placed it on her desk before running outside.

Do you remember what I found on my desk when I came back in?

There, next to the note I had written about giving her my duck so she could have a favorite animal, were the words 'you can be my favorite animal'. Do you remember this day? Because this was the day I met my best friend.

The girl who fought some boy because I like ducks. The girl who would grow into the one who would continue to stand up for me when I needed her. This was the day I met you Jennie Kim. This was the day my life changed because you decided that I was gonna be your favorite animal.

I'm your favorite.

You decided it. You wrote it. You believed it. And because of that, ten years later, when asked what your favorite animal is you blush. Because I'm still your favorite.

Forever your favourite,
Kim Jisoo

"This is the first letter. In case my last words aren't enough."

•••
A/N: I've had this idea for a long time. Lots and Lots of Foreshadowing. Keep an eye out ;)

Let me know your predictions. I like hearing them.