Bearer of Thy Oath (XXII)

Start from the beginning

Bao Bao nose went sour and his eyes watered. His vision began to blurred with tears as he watch and could feel his host's soul slowly dissipate. His arms shook a little as he tried to slow the devouring of Uriel's soul. Ever since that day, the world's consciousness has been trying to get rid of Uriel. Slowly, it had been attempting to remove the disturbance. But because Uriel hadn't stepped out of bounds and had done something completely OOC, it couldn't eliminate him.

Uriel's breathing shook as he interlocked the last pieces the rune. The Mark of Cain harmonized with Adriel's soul, they synchronized and bound with each other. It created a beautiful pale blue glow at the completion.

Retreating out of Adriel's body, Uriel's equilibrium tilted. He fell down onto his knees, more blood flooded from his mouth and onto the floor. His face had turned a deathly pale shade and one could visibly see the fatigue and exhaustion on his face and body. Only his golden eyes were still as clear and resolute as ever.

Bao Bao couldn't help but let his tears fall. He wanted to go over and pull Uriel away, plead and tell him to stop but he couldn't. They had already initiated this process of merging, there was no stopping now. He had to concentrate on trying to minimize down the speed at which Uriel was losing his soul. If he slipped now, not only would Uriel's soul get sucked out at a faster rate, it could essentially cause Uriel to lose his life for his own impotence.

Uriel had found a method in which he could implant the mark. Usually this process could only be done by God, as he would be the only one able to 'bless' one with the mark. His discovery lead him to uncover that it could be completed without God's powers, but it came at the price of ones own soul.

Though it wouldn't deplete his soul completely in one go, it costed a portion of his soul. With the available information that Bao Bao could gather, the rate of depletion that his soul had been at since that day, and his estimation, there were only so many times Uriel could use this method before his soul would become truly endangered. He had already used a portion to take the Mark of Cain, and now he has two severe tasks at hand.

Gathering up the rest of his energy, Uriel got up from the ground and steadied himself. He wiped the blood off of his mouth and chin with the back of his hand and arm. Then made his way over to the other cocoon. The chains had revealed the sleeping Kasimir.

He lifted his hand and placed it softly onto Kasimir's cheek, it felt warm to the touch. He could feel the life flowing within him. He lowered his eyelashes and leaned in, giving a peck on his cheek. He placed his forehead against Kasimir, his eyes were full of tenderness and motherly affection.

Uriel said his goodbyes, "Xiao Jun², always know that I love you. I regret that I was not there for you in the past, and that I will be leaving you again.... But do know... know that I will always be right besides your heart."

Getting back up, he looked at his right hand. There was a faint mark in the middle of his palm. Now that the Mark of Cain was used on Adriel, he needed another way to protect Kasimir. Though he is a creation of Lucifer, he could still be killed. He was apart of Lucifer at one point in time, he was just given the ability to think for himself and a mortal body.

Thankfully his purchase in the previous world would helped him with this problem.

During his fifth world, Uriel had attained, 'Celestial Hand' from the store. It granted the user a random God's power. After purchasing and upon activation, the user had to wait for the ability to be uncovered. Uriel had gotten, 'Emblem of Athanasia³', this was only revealed to him during his time in this world. If the wait had been a smaller time frame, he would've possibly lived in the previous world but it had been one hundred and fifty years before the God's power was had been uncovered.

Looking at the mark, Uriel began chanting.

---

¹Ierí apallagí: Meaning 'Sacrosanct abstersion' (Holy Purge), in Greek.

²Xiao Jun: Uriel is referring to the name he had given to his son in the fifth world.

³Athanasia: Deathless.

- - -
Preview of next chapter...

- - -Preview of next chapter