Chapter 11

The Day Of The Rumble

I woke up in Soda's arms. Today was the day of the rumble. Dally and Soda taught me self defense and all that fun stuff. I was still nervous though. What if something went wrong? Soda was still the only one who knew about what was going to happen, or what hopefully won't happen.

I got out of bed. I looked at the time. 5:30?! I've never woken up this early before. I just shrugged my shoulders and made some coffee. I decided I would make a giant breakfast too. I made waffles, pancakes, chocolate and vanilla cake, and I even had some hot chocolate made. I set the table. I was finished making everything by 6:15. Darry would be getting up at 6:30, and Soda would be getting up at 7:00. It was Saturday so I didn't have school, which was good, because I have been having problems with bullying recently, but we will talk about that later.

I decided I would watch Mickey Mouse until someone woke up. Johnny was sleeping on the floor in Darry's room. Pony was sleeping with Darry since I stole Pony's bed to sleep with Soda. As soon as I turned on the TV, Dally walked in. "Hey Dal what are you doing up so early?" I asked. "I missed you." He said picking me up and kissing me on the forehead. I smiled. "I missed you too Dal." I said smiling. "Will you stay at Bucks with me tonight?" Dally asked. "I'll think about it" I said smirking. Dally looked passed me, and his eyes widened. "Did you make that?" Dally asked pointing to the giant meal I made. I nodded. "All for you guys." I said. His mouth dropped open and he ran to the table. "Save some for the other boys you pig!" I said laughing.

Soon the boys were all up. Steve and Soda were getting ready for work, Darry just left for work, and all the other boys were eating. I was thinking about what to do to prepare myself for tonight, but all I could think about if someone would get hurt at the rumble.

All the boys were finished eating so I cleaned up, and went to go train. Soda had set up a punching bag in the basement. No one ever goes in the basement, so I was good to go. I was punching the bag for a while when I heard the door slam. I ran upstairs to see who it was. Ponyboy and Johnny came running through the door, and they slammed it behind them. "Guys what's wrong?" I asked. "S-socs" Johnny shuddered. I nodded. "I can't wait till you guys beat their butts tonight. They will get what they deserve." I said. They nodded. I went back downstairs in the basement to train. Only a couple hours left.

Sorry this is super boring, the next chapter will be better. Sorry again!