Chapter 3

I walked into the Curtis's house. No one was home. I walked into their bathroom. There was a giant red mark on my cheek; and a bruise on my neck from when Joe choke held me. I started to cry. Then, I heard someone in the house. I shut up. "Coral?" It was Dally. I walked out of the bathroom with my hand on my throat and my head down. I looked up a little and saw Soda and Steve. They looked worried. So did Dally. "What happened Baby?" Dally asked. "Nothing *cough* my throat hurts a little that's all." I said. I suck at lying. Dally grabbed me by the waist. Soda followed and Steve stayed. Dally took me to Soda's room. "Baby look at me." Dally said. He put his hand under my chin and lifted it so I was now eye to eye with him. He gasped and touched my cheek. "Baby did he hit you?" He asked, grazing his fingers along my red mark. "No I fell." I lied. Dally looked skeptical. Soda sat on the bed, and Steve appeared in the doorway. "Move your hand, coral." Dally said. I shook my head. Dally grabbed my hand gently and removed it. Everyone looked at my neck with wide eyes. I started to bawl. Dally looked at me. "Did he do this to you?" He asked. Soda held me in his arms and Steve rubbed my arm. I nodded my head. Dally shot straight up. "I'll kill him." He said with wild eyes. I got up and hugged Dally. "Don't. Please." I said. He nodded. We all walked into the living room and watched tv. My legs were in Sodas lap, and he had his hand on my hip. My head was in Dally's lap, and he was playing with my hair. Steve got me a blanket. I fell asleep quick.

I woke up to people walking through the door. I kept my eyes closed. I could tell it was Two Bit, Johnny, and Ponyboy. Two bit was laughing. Pony and Johnny were smirking. But, I could tell they saw me when Two Bit shut up. "Did that joe guy do it to her?" He asked with venom in his voice. "Yeah." Dally said. "I am going to kill him." Two Bit said. Dally stopped him. "She wouldn't want that." Two Bit sat down. I rolled over in Dally's lap, and I opened my eyes. I saw Pony and Johnny. They looked sad. Two bit looked angry. I looked up at Soda who looked at me with kind eyes. Steve was out cold on the floor watching Mickey. I started having a coughing fit. My neck hurt so bad. They all shot up and walked over to me. "Guys I'm fine, my throat just hurts." I said. Steve walked out of the door looking mad. I just sighed and fell back asleep in Dally's lap wondering...what will Darry do?