Chapter 22

"What's going on? Why is she crying? Who is she? Am I supposed to know her? Where's my boyfriend?" Emily questioned. JJ sat down in her wheelchair, and the nurse rolled her out into the hallway. The doctor was on his way to Emily's room when he saw JJ hysterically crying.

"You must be the girlfriend. As you may saw, Emily is suffering from memory loss. She has some head trauma due to her being beaten. But the good news is that her baby is okay, and we were able to remove the bullet from her." he said.

"How long will he have memory loss?" JJ asked.

"It shouldn't be too long. Just give her subtle hints as to who you are. Don't just say that you are her girlfriend right away. When the time is right, she will remember everything on her own." he said. JJ nodded her head and had the nurse take her back to her room. Once she was in her bed, she immediately had the nurse hand her her phone and called Derek. Before he answered, she could control her cries anymore. She started sobbing.

"Hey baby. What- woah. Okay. Don't speak. I'm on my way." he said and hung up. The nurse hugged her and tried to comfort her while they were waiting for Derek to get there. Once he arrived, the nurse moved so that way he could be the one comforting her.

"Baby, what's going on? Why are you crying?" he asked.

"Em- she- and-" JJ tried to say, but she couldn't get words through her tears.

"It's okay. Shhh. Tell me when you're done." he said. She cried for what felt like hours but was really only five minutes. "Okay. Now what happened?"

"Emily has head trauma because that dick weed beat her in the head, and now she has memory loss. She doesn't remember me." JJ managed to get out.

"Oh Jayje. I'm so sorry." Derek said and hugged her.

One week later

"So do you want some Cheetos?" JJ asked Emily.

"I guess. You know. I don't know who you are, but you are really nice. I'm just sad that my boyfriend hasn't visited me once. I at least thought he would be worried about me." Emily said. "Oh my gosh, Sergio! I hope my boyfriend has been feeding him and giving him water. If not, then the poor guy must me hungry."

"I hope that he is feeding him too." JJ said, trying to not let tears out.

"Can you hand me my phone?" Emily asked.

"I don't think that that's such a good idea." JJ said.

"Please? I haven't seen it all week. I just need to text my boyfriend." Emily said. JJ let out a sigh and handed her the phone. When Emily unlocked it, she paused and looked at the background.

"What's wrong?" JJ asked.

"You're my background." Emily said. "Did you take my phone and set it as my background?" Emily asked, starting to get angry.

"No! I would never do that." JJ said.

"Well then why are you my background?" Emily asked, raising her voice a little bit.

"Because I'm your girlfriend!" JJ shouted. Emily gave her a look of disgust.

"Not possible. I'm straighter than a pole." Emily said.

"No. You were, but then we met, and things went on from there." JJ told her.

"I don't believe you. If I were your girlfriend, then I would remember you." Emily said.

"Look, I can prove to you that I am your girlfriend." JJ said.

"Okay. Try and convince me."

"Your background, you chose that old photo of me because you say that it captures my beauty perfectly. We went to the drive in and watched Jennifer's Body and Ratatouille as a date. I can easily turn you on by stroking your hair and whispering 'you've been a bad girl. You need punished'" JJ said, whispering into her ear. Emily started to get really turned on.

"I still don't believe you." Emily said, so JJ did what was left. She kissed her. Emily started kissing back, and JJ got really excited because she thought that Emily remembered. But she was wrong. "I'm sorry. I still don't believe you or remember you." Emily told her, and so JJ nodded and said goodbye. As she walked out, the tears started pouring out of her eyes.

"I'm so sorry." the nurse said to JJ as she was on her way to the elevator.

"It's okay. I guess I just wasn't that special to her." JJ said.

"Don't say that. She will remember soon." the nurse said, but JJ doubted that she would.

"If she hasn't after a week, I'm having very little hope that she will." JJ said and pressed the button for the first floor. When the door opened, she crutched out to her car and got in. Just before she started her car, she got a call from Hotch.

"Hello?" JJ answered.

"We have a case in Florida. You can stay behind with Garcia if you want to." he said.

"Okay." JJ said and hung up. She wasn't up for talking a lot, so when she got to the BAU, she stayed quiet. She barely said a word.

"Wheels up in 30." Hotch said, and the team got up and dispersed. JJ broke from her daze and crutched her way to Garcia's lair.

"Are you okay?" Garcia asked. JJ didn't say anything. She just started tearing up and eventually started sobbing. "Oh no. Okay, okay. What's wrong?" Garcia asked, comforting her. It took JJ another five minutes before she could speak audibly.

"She still doesn't remember me! I've done everything I can for her to remember even just the slightest, but nothing. I don't think that I will ever get her back!" JJ said and started crying again.

"She will remember. Just give her some more time. I know it's hard. You've probably lost all hope, but I still have hope. I know Derek still has hope. You have us to hope for you. Just keep visiting her. She will come around." Garcia said.

Emily looked at her phone on the table beside her and grabbed it. She unlocked it and looked at the background picture.

She then looked at her camera roll and saw all of the pictures of her and JJ. She saw how many pictures they've taken together, and she eventually got tired. She fell asleep, and she had a dream. A dream about when they went to the drive in. When she woke up, she thought that it was just a dream, but then she vaguely remembered a picture of them at the drive in laying on the truck. She looked at her pictures, and sure enough there was a picture of them at the drive in laying in the bed of the truck.

JJ was about to call Hotch about what her and Garcia found, but then she got a call from Emily. "Um. I need to take this." JJ said and answered it.

"Hello?" JJ answered.

"I remember you. I remember everything, Jayje." she heard Emily said.

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you like this!