Chapter 7

The next morning JJ woke up and realized where she was. Her and Emily were facing opposite directions, but she remembered falling asleep in Emily's arms. She missed Emily's arms wrapped around her, but she realized that she probably should go back home. Will would kill her if he knew that she spent the night at Emily's apartment. She got up and sent Emily a text saying where she was going and thanked her for letting her stay there for the night. JJ didn't even bother to change out of her clothes. She just found a pair of Emily's slippers and drove back to her house. When she walked in, Will was making breakfast. "Ha. Wow. You still went to her house even after i told you I'm divorcing you over her." Will said once he saw her.

"She was being a good friend. She let me stay there when I didn't want to come back here. She let me borrow pajamas because I didn't bring any with me. She comforted me during the storm last night; something you never do." JJ explained.

"Was this before or after you fucked her?" Will asked.

"I didn't do anything with her. What I told you is all that happened." JJ told him.

"Yeah. Okay." he said.

"Why can't you believe me?" JJ asked.

"Maybe it's because you would rather hang out with her than me." Will told her.

"The only time I would rather hang out with her than you is when you are being like this." JJ told him truthfully.

"Somehow I still don't believe that." Will said.

"Oh my God. You need to get over this phase and start to trust me." JJ said.

"Why should I do that? We're getting a divorce, so there's no point in me doing that." Will said. JJ rolled her eyes when her phone vibrated.

"Spence wants to hang out. Unless you have a problem with that too." JJ said.

"Not at all. I would rather you have cheated on me with him than that dyke." Will told her.

"I never cheated on you! Call her that one more time, I will beat you." JJ told him and walked out. She didn't care that she was in her pajamas. Who wears nice clothes in the morning anyway?

She drove to a nearby diner and waited on Spencer to get there. "Can I get you anything to drink?" the waitress asked.

"I will just get a coffee. Thank you." JJ said. A few minutes later, Spencer walks to her table and sits down. "Hey Spence!" JJ said with a smile.

"Hey JJ! Thanks for meeting with me." Reid said.

"No problem. So what did you want to talk about?" JJ asked.

"I need your advice." he said. JJ looked at him as if she were telling him to keep going. "There's this girl that I like, but I don't know if she likes me. I want to tell her that I like her, but I don't know if I should." Spencer said. That made her smile because her non biological brother likes someone.

"Can I know her name?" JJ asked.

"Oh. Hey Spencer! Do you want your usual?" the waitress asked.

"Yeah!" Spencer said with a smile. The waitress smiled back at him and walked away after setting JJ's coffee on the table. She came back a minute later with coffee for him and a pad to write down their orders.

"Three pancakes with syrup and one butter square thing, 2 eggs with mozzarella cheese in them, scrambled, one piece of bacon not too crispy but not raw, and hashbrowns extra crispy for you Spence. What can I get for you?" the waitress asked.

"I will just get waffles with some butter and syrup." JJ said.

"Anything else?" the waitress asked.